X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe it.

Comment

rizzuh wrote..

He didn't get into mapping until he was employed at Valve. His primary work on CS before being hired at Valve was more of a producer role.
      That's what I thought.

Comment

Edited by [user="216545"] @ [time="1134366984"]

evofytr wrote..

Er, he created the mod. It became the largest online multiplayer game in the world. Hence, Valve hired him when they took over the project.
        haha.. ppl and their weird stories... cliffe was part of the "original" creators of cs.. including gooseman and minh le (who thought up of the idea cs) so yea its the asian who thought it up =P.... cliffe worked for public relations, gooseman was the programing and modeling while minh spend avg 20 hrs a week working on the mod despite even though he was still in college.. all of them got hired 2000 to work on the mod...

give some credit to the asian guy too =P

he's the reason why hl is still as popular as of today's gaming industry..

Comment

well at least 4 people proved they know something about the origins of CS

Comment

#33 hahah just shows you how many ppl actually know anything about what their playing...

i love them games that small bunch of ppl decide to create since its something unique or rare..

but then yea... i wonder doees minh still work for them... i mean.. cs is somewhat i would say 98.9% complete....

Comment

V.C. Sniper wrote..

OMG OMG w00t!!!! Can't wait to see cs_militia and the new player models!!! (GIGN and Guerilla)!!! w00t w00t!! It will r0x0r t3h h4x0rZ out of yu!!!!11!!11 Hmmmmm I wonder what the mystery map is gonna be like. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE AND PLAY IT!!! It will r0x0rZ!11!1!!1 GJ VALVe!!! Keep it up!!!
              Someone please shoot him. Every post in every thread this guy does is the same "I'm 13 and eat nothing but chocolate frosted sugar bombs all day long" crap. Oi, it makes my head hurt just to glance at.
              Rixxx wrote..

mihn le (or however you spell it) created the mod. NOT jess cliffe.

As rizzuh said, he was more producer and marketing.
              Hey, don't forget about the radio commands. Everytime you say "cover me" that's Cliffe asking you to cover him. What exactly he means by that I'll leave to your imagination.

He's also been involved in various other projects for CS:S, such as when they were setting new bounding boxes to get custom models working, but lately it would seem he's been more focused on mapping in general.
              Ryosuke T wrote..

but then yea... i wonder doees minh still work for them... i mean.. cs is somewhat i would say 98.9% complete....
              As far as we know, yes... but he's chosen to keep a low profile. Even after VALVe announced they hired him and Cliffe, they never put Minh Le on their staff roster. A year or two later we saw an interview of him, living somewhere in Canada (Vancouver was it?), and still working for VALVe, but I haven't heard anything official directly about him for like 2-3 years.

Comment

Edited by [user="6450"] @ [time="1134371236"]

Ryosuke T wrote..

haha.. ppl and their weird stories... cliffe was part of the "original" creators of cs.. including gooseman and minh le (who thought up of the idea cs) so yea its the asian who thought it up =P.... cliffe worked for public relations, gooseman was the programing and modeling while minh spend avg 20 hrs a week working on the mod despite even though he was still in college.. all of them got hired 2000 to work on the mod...

give some credit to the asian guy too =P

he's the reason why hl is still as popular as of today's gaming industry..
                Yeah, Gooseman and Minh Le did some great work together despite all the "you're the same guy" naysayers.

Comment

I'm glad to hear there is some new content coming. Although I'm not sure it sounds like it is going to be vertigo. If it was going to be vertigo, wouldn't they just say so instead of being so ambiguous?

This "construction site" map sounds like new content, not vertigo redux.

Nighthawk: Calvin and Hobbes pwnz

Comment

Gooseman and Minh Le? I thought they were the same person.

Comment

They are brothers that were seperated at birth and amazingly both worked on Counter-strike only to discover...

Comment

Edited by [user="6035"] @ [time="1134397493"]

Syx wrote..

Gooseman and Minh Le? I thought they were the same person.
                        They are.. Gooseman is the nickname of Minh Le..

I also wonder whatever happened to him.. Still working at Valve aswell?

Comment

why would it be a map from 1.6? it says a NEW map

Comment

Nighthawk, I love it when people reference calvin and hobbes.

Comment

Anybody have memories of when you could move the hosties back in 1.1, and the terrorists would take the hosties from the garage and the kitchen and go camp the bathroom. Those were the days...

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

Hey, don't forget about the radio commands. Everytime you say "cover me" that's Cliffe asking you to cover him. What exactly he means by that I'll leave to your imagination.
                                I never knew that. I always assumed it was some random guy. my mind is blown.

Comment

Working...
                                X