X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty much

Comment

|azure| : Well, I'd rather have automatic updates than to manually find them and install them. It's a hassle. Plus, buying your games on Steam and then having them ready to play after preloading is a pretty good thing. If you don't like Steam, then don't play any of their games. Period. Whining doesn't get you anywhere in life.

Comment

I dont like Steam.

Comment

|azure| wrote..

I am so sick of steam... I would still much rather just buy my games at the store and then download patches and install when there are updates. What is so bad about that? Who the hell needs Steam?

I see NO advantage to it at all. Now they will probably bloat my HD with even more useless crap... Oh but I am sure it is all very crucial to my gaming experience, even though I can already chat to people on IRC and several server browsers are already available. Screw Steam...

Valve figures they can make more money from us, because the games stare us in the face and its much easier to get our money I suppose.
          You really can't see the advantages of developers cutting out the middle man? I would consider the price of DOD:S before judging.

Comment

Edited by [user="259906"] @ [time="1128234139"]

I don't like needing to start a program before being able to play a game I payed for, view any "update news" or advertisements for other games, then choose the game I want to play among other games that cost money and that I don't want to have anything to do with, and all the while have a program in the background using up RAM that could be used for the game I want to play. Steam is no better than Gamespy Arcade, and I HATE Gamespy Arcade.

EDIT:

Peagle, cutting out the middle man only meant more profits for Valve. Half Life 2 cost just as much on Steam than it did at stores. And I wouldn't expect to pay more than 20 dollars for a HL2 mod with only 4 maps, if even that. So, they're raking in more money, but it doesn't show because customer support is still terrible and updates are slow.

Comment

I bet Friends still won't work.

Comment

I bet it breaks a few things too.

Comment

Haha, there are some seriously disaffected people around here, lol. We may be spending most of our time talking about Day of Defeat here lately, but it still sounds just like the CSN I've always known, haha.

I'm curious... how many updates have been released via Steam to date? I'm guessing it's got to be at least 50, and probably even more than that. Bring on those patches! Boy, I'd sure love to have to go find a mirror and download a patch every friggin' week because the auto-download wasn't built into the system. Take away functionality and ease, please, and replace it with the old way of doing things, because I can't handle change! Bring back the flock of online cheaters too! My computer can't possibly handle dedicating 10 megs of RAM to Steam! I only have half a gig or more to work with! And while you're at it, don't tell me anything about what you're doing, because that might make me more informed and have to click a "close" button once every week or two! Steam is bloated and takes a couple extra hundred megs of precious HD space on my mere 200 gig hard drive. And now you want to upgrade it with even more functionality to make sorting and acquiring new free mods even easier?! How dare you VALVe!

Seriously... it's just funny listening to these people.

...but it kind of hurts my head sometimes to try to ponder what the hell they're thinking when they make their pathetic, baseless "I'm the victim of the evil corporation that doesn't do just as I like while I post about it on a fan site" complaints. Ah well, it's CSN -- could we really expect any different?

Comment

Disaffected is a good word.

Comment

I'd rather have 1 solid patch every few months, than a patch every week that's full of problems or results in problems that require ANOTHER patch. I'm complaining about Friends because it hasn't worked for roughly 2 years, since Steam was released. Oh cmon it can't be that hard to fix.

Comment

Friends worked on and off daily for quite awhile, what are you talking about?

Comment

To be honest I can't really see these new customizable features adding that much to Steam, its more of a 'nice to have', personally I'd prefer if they concentrated on fixing the bugs. That being said ... it would be nice to lump third-party games into the same interface so they didn't have to be installed seperately.

Comment

About the friends update.
                            -----

Alfred Reynolds

to hlcoders

More options 8:50 pm (6 minutes ago)

Friends is on the list, but perhaps not with the initial release.

- Alfred

-----

Erik Johnson

<erik@valvesoftware.com> to hlcoders

More options 8:52 pm (5 minutes ago)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--

[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]

This update will not address Friends (yet), it's mostly a visual

overhaul.
                            http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s...readid=346375

Comment

Edited by [user="6035"] @ [time="1128249241"]

masterren wrote..

And Friends will still not work?
                              I was wondering the same thing, will they ever fix Friends??

Besides that, I'm happy with Steam.. Games like Battlefield 2 could use it, then we wouldn't have to wait 3 months for some well needed patch.. I like it how everybody always gets updated automaticly etc.. Would be very usefull and avoid a lot of problems if that could be done for a lot of other things on people's computers, like videodrivers etc..

Comment

Dugsta wrote..

To be honest I can't really see these new customizable features adding that much to Steam, its more of a 'nice to have', personally I'd prefer if they concentrated on fixing the bugs. That being said ... it would be nice to lump third-party games into the same interface so they didn't have to be installed seperately.
                                What bugs?

Comment

Working...
                                X