Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing at all! I just LOVE to play with only Phoenix and Seal (at least make it gign and leet like in minmodels 1) models like it's CS beta 1 on GoldSrc. I really LOVE to pay for a game that has nothing more than the beta which was provided for CZ users for free (except the maps). I'm just happy as hell. Nothing can bug me from now on.

Comment

Edited by [user="3256"] @ [time="1097849768"]

ioCS,undertaker wrote..

We must have an option to turn at least the needless bottles etc off.

And those weapon and player models drop the fps significantly. We urgently need some low detailed models.

CS:S don't seem as a final release at all.
      1. there are tons of options: cl_ragdoll_models or something like that. gets rid of random clutter like bottles, but leaves the barrels alone.

cl_ragdoll_physics gets rid of ragdoll effects for player models, dead player simply fade away, and dont drain fps since they dissapear.

2. something like cl_lodbias, low values will make entity geometry (epoly) less complicated, entities are bottles, players, weapons on ground, cars, barrels, etc..will not reduce map geometry (wpoly). 1 is default, but i found 0.5 looks just as good, with minimal "popping effects".

3. i agree, many maps look rushed, like piranesi and cobble. they look almost identical to cs maps, apart from extra curves and the odd tree here and there, but you can see minimal effort has been put into those maps.

weapon models/sounds/player models seem to be very detailed and look polished. but things such as the HUD, radar, VGUI menu, and other screens dont look worked on at all. it would be nice to see something "new". a new HUD with new elements for example? doesnt require a lot of new coding im sure, but does require a bit of imagination from the valve team....something perhaps lacking at the moment?

Comment

Pharlap wrote..

1. there are tons of options: cl_ragdoll_models or something like that. gets rid of random clutter like bottles, but leaves the barrels alone.

cl_ragdoll_physics gets rid of ragdoll effects for player models, dead player simply fade away, and dont drain fps since they dissapear.

2. something like cl_lodbias, low values will make entity geometry (epoly) less complicated, entities are bottles, players, weapons on ground, cars, barrels, etc..will not reduce map geometry (wpoly). 1 is default, but i found 0.5 looks just as good, with minimal "popping effects".

3. i agree, many maps look rushed, like piranesi and cobble. they look almost identical to cs maps, apart from extra curves and the odd tree here and there, but you can see minimal effort has been put into those maps.

weapon models/sounds/player models seem to be very detailed and look polished. but things such as the HUD, radar, VGUI menu, and other screens dont look worked on at all. it would be nice to see something "new". a new HUD with new elements for example? doesnt require a lot of new coding im sure, but does require a bit of imagination from the valve team....something perhaps lacking at the moment?
        I could just find cl_ragdoll_physics_enable. The others dont seem to exist while typed into the console. BTW, my current hi-fps config is what i learned from here: http://www.hlfallout.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10172 . It could help someone in need of boosting performance (you may say "who does not?" )

Comment

Working...
        X