This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peagle wrote..

try turning off the hardware acceleration on your soundcard, and fastwrites on your videocard
    Heh I'm not complaining about the bug. Its just that whenever there's an update people are always like "boo valv sux. they are no dont fix da studder bug. boo." Complaint does not help.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, what you bought in the store on day 1 was the full product. I'd understand if were upset because you saw a bunch of screenshots on the box full of content that isn't actually in the game, but that's not the case.

I understand your point that it shouldn't be too hard for them to release additional player models considering the size of their team. But seeing as they haven't released them yet, there must be a reason that me or you don't know about.

Perhaps they've been too busy fixing the errors and issues that are actually preventing the game from being played at all (which is a valid gripe. If your computer meets the minimum requirements, you should be able to play) on some people's computers. I'd rather they fix the crash to desktop bug that's been plagueing Joe Somebody since the day of release than provide us with additional player models so that we don't have to be as bored.

Anyway -- they know what they're doing. I will admit I am not in a better position to speak on this than you are, but this is just what I think, and I don't think Valve has broken any promises or released an unfinished product.

Comment

Zips wrote..

Any update is good otherwise it wouldn't be updated in the first place. Just because it's not the content that can come between now (the 14th) and the 31st of December, doesn't warrant a broken heart. No one said specifically when it would be released, so just take a chill pill and grow some patience.
        Everyone is taking what I said wrong..I'm happy they continue to update the client and everything, I'm not one of those kids who just wants the content, I just think it would be great if we got the content before Christmas (or maybe, now that i mention it, that'll be a little Christmas present to us). I agree any update is a good update. So Zips, with all due respect, kick back, read into things a little better, and learn to understand that not all people who post in the comments are raging Valve hating lunatics.

Comment

Valve said CS:S was the multiplayer for HL2. I honestly expected the rest of the content to make CS:S a full game to be released the day HL2 was released. Don't know why but I did, Valve never said so, but they never said a half finished beta product was what they planned on being the multiplayer part. Couldn't really care much about the singleplayer, I bought the game for MP. CS:S is a fucking joke that isn't worthy of being called the multiplayer part of the game. My bad I guess for not knowing, but I feel ripped off.

How the hell do mod teams get anything done if it takes Valve months to make a model or a fricking map? HL2DM was released in response to every review about HL2 complaining about lack of HLDM and wanting to use the gravitygun in mp. That's why we got another half assed product with 2 maps, to answer the reviewers. How come Valve doesn't care about answering what their paying customers want.

My experience with STEAM, Valve's support (i filled out a support ticket on 11/17 and finally recieved a response on 12/10), and this half assed beta mp leads me to say Valve ain't getting my money again in the future. Flame away fanboys, but I'm one unsatisified customer.

Comment

That's your choice. I just think you're approaching it with the wrong attitude. Both you and I are experiencing the same game, with the same content, yet you feel ripped off and I don't.

Comment

I would like to see the new models, but really, why do you play CS? If you play it to make sure your rush looks cool, then there is something wrong here. I mean, I don't know about everyone else, but I play CS to shoot up other players. Simple as that.

Back on topic, I also agree that every update is good, cause at least they are letting us know that they are working on it. I'm sure we will get out December CSS update and everyone will be happy, but until then, deal with it and have fun shooting people... in game that is.

Comment

ma_cherie wrote..

So Zips, with all due respect, kick back, read into things a little better, and learn to understand that not all people who post in the comments are raging Valve hating lunatics.
                With all due respect to you, don't assume I was talking (specifically) about your posts when I made mine.

Comment

Edited by [user="122074"] @ [time="1103081540"]

omg im just watchin spike tv's video game awards and its gay cause halo2 won for best fps insted of hl2. it hasnt gotten to game of the year yet...

oh w00t hl2 won for best graphics

yep... im bored... gona go play hl2..... give me a link to all the winners or something.... lol

Comment

Zips wrote..

With all due respect to you, don't assume I was talking (specifically) about your posts when I made mine.
                    Oh? Then do explain which ones you were, by all means.

Comment

• Edited by [user="90352"] @ [time="1103084489"]

by 2005 perhaps then we will have some working fun glorious visual and performance games. if not by 2006. do note its only been like from 1980 to 2004 so gaming world is still new. 24 going on 25 years old thats how long games been around, as well as computers (may vary but still the same).

imagine it on its 50th birthday or 100 even... the glory of experience.

i mean tv's havent been around that long either or monitors and now they have plasma LCD and HDTV which is just holy crapness.

so what valve has issues coding and patching and getting steam and some games to work... their the first company that invented a system like steam. everything is new and takes time to gain experience to make things kick ass for all.

took doom guys to make doom3 years as well as valve to make hl2. its new technology and takes time to simplify. nothing is ever easy, so stop with the hate against things that are not working... trial and error dudes we are the beta testers of 2004.

in a way we beta test for future gamers, technology, computers and such.

:P

Comment

• ma_cherie wrote..

Oh? Then do explain which ones you were, by all means.
                        A 'generalized comment' is what I made.

Comment

• Wow, it still won't update for me, get your shit together Valve!

Comment

• Fraydo wrote..

HL2DM was released in response to every review about HL2 complaining about lack of HLDM and wanting to use the gravitygun in mp.
                            That may be the worst piece of unfounded arrogant bullshit I've ever read.

Comment

• You think? Fine, you're intitled to your opinion, as I am to mine. So fuck off.

Comment

• MA CHERIE IS AN UNGRATEFUL FUCK

Comment

Working...
                                X