This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helkite wrote..

But there are ways to open that cache file, isn't there?
    those cache files are not meant to be extracted, so please don`t ask for how to do it kthx.

Comment

Pharlap wrote..

i dont think you can. doesnt CZ use a giant cache file with all the goodies tucked away inside it?
      Yes it dose but I know how to EXTRACT it =P so it dont matter

*EDIT*

And pre steam you were able to access all files and I payed for CZ and for HL for CS so I dont care if there MENT to be opened or not I payed for the damn things I will extract them if I feel like it

Comment

Tek wrote..

those cache files are not meant to be extracted, so please don`t ask for how to do it kthx.
        I know they're not meant to be extracted... but I'm just stating that it's not that hard to get at the models as some people think.

Comment

Be careful of a common mistaken assumption there, Fajo. You do not buy games, you pay to license 1 copy of them from a company. If you ever break any terms of that end user licensing agreement, the license is void and you no longer have any legal right to any of the game's material. Additionally, the money spent does not have to be refunded so long as it was you who broke the agreement.

With that in mind, even if you pay for a game, that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with any of its content. However, like I said previously, as long as you're not distributing it, odds are nobody's going to really care.

And finally yes Pharlap, you can extract things from cache files, but this is not the place to discuss how. Remember that distributing that material is illegal, and can get you banned from CSN site among other things.

Comment

5$ by the end of the year...

Comment

-:Nighthawk:- wrote..

Be careful of a common mistaken assumption there, Fajo. You do not buy games, you pay to license 1 copy of them from a company. If you ever break any terms of that end user licensing agreement, the license is void and you no longer have any legal right to any of the game's material. Additionally, the money spent does not have to be refunded so long as it was you who broke the agreement.

With that in mind, even if you pay for a game, that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with any of its content. However, like I said previously, as long as you're not distributing it, odds are nobody's going to really care.
              Yup that is true for most of the software out in the market like Microsoft Windows. Read the license agreement next time before you decide to click on "I agree" during the installment of the software.

Comment

Lol this may seem sad but someone made a program for windows that you can click decline on Everything and it still installs the softwere found it quite amuseing.

Comment

Fajo wrote..

Lol this may seem sad but someone made a program for windows that you can click decline on Everything and it still installs the softwere found it quite amuseing.
                  Good - I can wait. There's always America's Army lol.

Comment

Amazon.com only though. The discount is only in the states! It's being sold on Amazon.ca it's being sold for 55 bones

Comment

Working...
                    X