Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've got Questions, I've got Answers.

1) Will we be able to use 3rd party launchers to launch Counter-Strike or any Half-Life mods anymore??

Of course you will. This program just opens up the application. What it's really used for is to find a good server. That's all there is to it.

2) What is 420?

Smoking reference. At 4:20 AM/PM you smoke some weed. It's kind of like getting together and doing something all weed whackers like to enjoy. Also on April 20, you smoke all day.

3) When will it be EST?

11AM PDT is 2PM EST (Or so I read)

4) How large is the new installer file going to be????

It doesn't matter really does it? If you don't have enough room to put in the installer file, just click open instead of download when the box comes up, and let the installer run without being saved to your computer. But if you don't have that much memory, you definitely need to get rid of files. Having too much crap on your computer can cause the computer to slow down. Mines slow down when it's under 500 megabytes left.

5)Stop worrying about product updates and patches (they're all handled automatically

Probably while you're loading your Counterstrike program, it'll download when the server finds your running an unupdated product. You have no need to worry unless you use hacks, which you really shouldn't do in the first place. It feels so much better to have skill.

6) Does the user get a chance to accept/decline all updates?

No idea myself, but probably not. Like the Cheating Death program from United-Admins. If you don't have the update, you can't play. After all, some of these updates may have anti-hacking programs and hackers sure as hell would be happy to decline an update.

7)When they release the new steaminstall will the content servers (and more importantly for some the ability to create a new account and subsequently getting a low "steam ID") be online? Or will the "steaminstall" be released and then the content servers opened a little later?

Sorry, but I don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. Can't answer that question. What's a content server? Server that holds contents? Very vague indeed. But let me try anyways, you're probably thinking that the install is just downloading the install program and content server is what holds the program. When you download the install program, you're essentially downloading... the install program. Just install, it won't be so damned complicated like you say.

8) So will steam be needed for everyone when CS 1.6 comes out offically and final??

I think that you'll need to use Steam even if it doesn't come out. Sooner or later, the WonID authentication will end, and you'll probably have to get SteamID. SteamID's will be the same for all Steam games so this increases the threat to a hacker. If you get banned you'll need to buy keys for all new games. That's quite a tactic. Most likely, you will have to download Steam once it's finally out. They'll probably post the update when you try to start a net game.

9) How the hell do you know this stuff?

I don't, I'm guessing.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
      X