This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide To Fighting OGC

United Admins has posted a new Guide To Fighting OGC on the HLGuard section of their website. The guide basically tells you to enable VAC and install the latest version of HLGuard, which any server admin in his/her right mind should do anyway, but it also includes a defeat for the OGC ESP feature that uses sounds to pinpoint player locations. The guide suggests defeating these cheaters by disabling the mp_footsteps command, which means that noone will be able to hear footsteps, but at least you won't have any effective cheaters around either.

Hopefully after the newest VAC security modules finish beta testing, the ESP cheat will be a thing of the past, along with all other OGC versions. Read UA's Guide To Fighting OGC here.

yay go united admins and VAC!

Comment

setting mp_footsteps to 0.... yeah...

Comment

Setting mp_footsteps to 0 is riduculously stupid. I'm not even going to explain why it should be so obvious. I've lost all respect for UA.

Comment

If you run a public server that's plagued by cheating then this is a small sacrifice to make.....
          Small?! You cant hear the enemy! UA try to stop this with HLG(if thats possible) but not with disabling all sounds... Try to play on a clanwar without footsteps, and after give us your leet ideas...

Enemys can rush behind you, and you can't hear it. How stupid..

Comment

plogo wrote..

I've lost all respect for UA.
            are you serious?? sheesh, they were only making a suggestion... its not like they're making you do it... and their HLguard pwned cheats back in the day and still do now, with the help of VAC.

Comment

cHic0 wrote..

with the help of VAC.
              If OGC team can't find a way to eliminate VAC module again in 2 hours..

Comment

yeah well, at least cheats are being less widely used. and thats always a good thing.

Comment

And if VAC dont pwn HLGs detection/blocking methonds again, it will stop some cheaters again. ;p

Comment

cHic0 wrote..

are you serious?? sheesh, they were only making a suggestion... its not like they're making you do it... and their HLguard pwned cheats back in the day and still do now, with the help of VAC.
                    it shows that they have no intelligence and they are n00bs. moreover hlguard never pwned cheats as well as cheating death.

Comment

I hate hlguard so much. I have the ability to leave a server if a cheater is on it and I'd much rather do that instead of sacrifing play quality by making it so I can't see people when I should be able to.

Comment

plogo!?!?!?! AS IN THE PLOGO FROM clan ca that i used to be in as Anarchy?

Comment

Cheating-Death just disabled them, it didn't banned anyone. VAC killed it. HLG detected the files, and banned the cheaters. VAC killed it. Now it have the leet wallhack block, but don't detect the cheats. Cheaters can just hop to a non-hlg protected server.

Comment

the only thing cheating death had over csguard back in the day when everyone used to use the c-d/csguard combo on their servers was aimbot blocking. thats a thing of the past now.

Comment

My anti-OGC strat back in the day was to glock/knife the cheater in the head constantly. Cheaters have a natural attraction to the Terrorists, I've noticed. Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X