• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<a img="C:\pr0n\hello.bmp"></a>

Comment

EZRider wrote..

blah blah blah
      people, all i'm saying is that Steam is all about making the future profitable for Valve -- it will help them "fight" cheating, but thats NOT what its about. If you can't read the first damn slide of their thing and see the comparison between AOL/TimeWarner's 3 billion viewer minutes per month and CS's 3 billion player minutes per month and then notice the 0$ revenue item, then you aren't thinking at all. Thats not my problem. No one is saying Valve is all about greed... thats not what I'm saying either, but you're naive to think they aren't trying to work the business side of this -- cheats or no.

This is the last post i'm making about this because its clear you people haven't thought about this at all.

Comment

Edited by [user="2339"] @ [time="1020458668"]

stooopid wrote..

With Steam, developers are given integrated tools for direct-content publishing, flexible billing, ensured-version control, anti-cheating, anti-piracy, and more.

You dont get it do you, dumbass. Did you stop playing CS as soon as cheats came out?!? Nope. I'd say 95% of players are still in... and more people play CS everyday. Thats what matters. In-game advertising, automatic cafe fees, credit-card authentication... its all built in to Steam so that someday soon, Valve can rape you with its big profit margin penis!

Seriously, if Valve wanted to stop cheating, Cheating Death was the best software to do that with, and they could have snapped that up in an instant... but they didnt! Because they wanted to develop a platform where they could achieve their business aims in light of the mass appeal of CS. The primary push for this stuff is flexible billing and customer tracking... thats what speaks volumes to the managers at a company... not loser 15 year olds whining about getting owned through a wall

-stooop
        You're right. Valve is planning to make money for a change. Shame on them?

Well they've been putting so much money into supporting halflife they've got to get something back or else they're not a business. I agree with you but with less cynicism - I'm not nieve enough to believe that Valve are a magical charity type organisation out to pay for my fun, but I don't think they'll want to alienate the huge audience that they've managed to gather. They have a reputation to think of and frankly even if they only charged a pound a month they'd probably make enough money to recreate Scrooge McDucks' swimming pool/safe of money...

Ah i only read your first post - nevermind, I got the impression you were saying Valve were some evil moneygrabbing monster like corporation.

Comment

Edited by [user="2831"] @ [time="1021175015"]

Why do people steal things? Well, because they have value of course. This is the fundamental problem with cstrike when it gained popularity. It's the most popular thing going so people are going to want to cheat. I don't like it, but the solution was easy. Stop playing. Yeah you heard me, stop playing. There are other games out there. Sure, there aren't as many people playing them but so be it.

Counter-strike is being developed for leagues not gamers now. Advertising is deciding what changes get made. And as EZRider put it, they're out to make money. And to add to that, they're out to make money, not games.

Comment

I was on a server this morning that banned 5 for using OGC 8. It took about 5 rounds to ban them tho. They are getting there.

Comment

my first time to post here. the article is VERY interesting for us, cheaters-hater. but as they said last time, about the current one in CS1.4 valve pretty much said the same thing, that they wont be able to come up with anymore cheats, but guess what!? OGC 8 came out. all i wanna say i guess, hope it works way way better and no more cheats

Comment

I dont know if this is true, but a class-mate told me that Valve was going to implent something into half-life so that cheaters that are cought will automaitcly send their Vonids or CD-keys or something to a server and they will be banned from every Server,

but he might have been joking or have been mis-informed....

Comment

I like poopie

Comment

Working...
                  X