Fortnite Accidentally Had Cross-Platform Play Between PS4 and XB1 for a Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortnite Accidentally Had Cross-Platform Play Between PS4 and XB1 for a Bit

A couple of days ago, Epic accidentally enabled cross-platform play between Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players of Fortnite. Sadly, it seems as though this was done by mistake and Epic had to remove the feature fix the bug. They claimed it was a "configuration issue" and says it has since been fixed.

Here is a first-hand account from a user named PRE_-CISION-_ on Reddit.
    A player named PRE_-CISION-_ was among the final five survivors of Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode when he was killed by a player with a pretty unconventional name for PS4. Over Reddit private messages, he told me, “I noticed the gamer tag of this dude had a space in it, which was bizarre. I figured it was just the game glitching out so I searched for his tag with an underscore on Playstation Network without any luck.” He booted up his Xbox One and typed it in there, “for the hell of it,” he said. Immediately, he found the player, whose achievements indicated that he owned Fortnite. After reaching out to the player, PRE_-CISION-_ says he confirmed the identities matched.

Another Reddit user confirmed that he and his son were indeed playing on different platforms together at the same time (pictured above).

Just let it be known that enabling cross-platform play between the Xbox and PlayStation is literally as easy as a "configuration issue." Yep, right now the only thing continuing to prevent this from being a permanent thing is Sony.

(via Kotaku)
Working...
X