The Last Guardian - New Screenshots and Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Guardian - New Screenshots and Impressions

Recently, a little known site called IGN (I believe I'm typing that correctly) got a chance to play through the beginning of The Last Guardian. Yes, it still exists and yes, it's still on track for release later this year on the PlayStation 4.
    These are the opening moments of The Last Guardian. Much like Ico, Fumito Ueda’s seminal PS2 game, you play as a small boy, paired with a mysterious being – a companion, but in many ways unknowable. In this instance, it is a towering chimera: part bird, part dog, part who knows what.

You’ve awoken in a cave, with no recollection of how you got there and strange markings on your arms. The “man-eating beast” - Trico - lies nearby, in pain and unable to stand, a heavy collar around its neck and armour-plating across its forehead and down its back. With no way to escape, and feeling sympathy for the creature – despite its formidable size and reputation – you set out to help it.(...)

I'll let the IGN article speak for itself, if you so choose to read it. They also have some new gameplay footage.

New screenshots for The Last Guardian can be found below.

Working...
X