HTC Vive Virtual Reality Package is Now Available for Pre-Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC Vive Virtual Reality Package is Now Available for Pre-Order

Hey, do you have $799 (USD) to spare? You do? Wow, that's surprising! I'll keep an eye on the mail for your check then! Oh, you're planning on buying the HTC Vive instead? Oh. Well, I understand. I hear virtual reality is going to be really amazing and here before we know it, especially with the HTC Vive now being available for pre-order.

I hear it's going to come with two of their fancy VR controllers and movement tracking across an entire room in full 360 degrees. That's kind of wild. I think Valve, one of the two major companies involved in the creation of the Vive also said some things today about pre-orders.
    February 29, 2016 -- HTC and Valve today announced their 2016 CES Best of Show winning VR system is available now for pre order with first shipments targeted to begin on Tuesday, April 5th.

A complete VR solution, Vive includes two wireless VR controllers, room scale movement, a full 360° of tracking, and an HMD featuring a built-in camera to create what many critics are calling the most convincing VR experience launching this year.

In addition to the VR system, and for a limited time, those who pre order will also receive a free copy of three new VR titles: Tilt Brush from Google, Fantastic Contraption from Northway and Radial Games, and Job Simulator: The 2050 Archives from Owlchemy Labs.

"We are delighted to help usher in the next generation of virtual reality," said Cher Wang of HTC. "Launching Vive with Valve has helped us ignite the creativity of thousands of content developers around the world."

Vive is the first SteamVR system, giving it the backing of full integration with the leading online platform for PC games.

"Our collaboration with HTC and the VR development community has allowed us to create the most compelling and complete VR solution," said Valve's Gabe Newell. "In the coming weeks, many of these developers will launch an incredible first generation of VR titles to consumers around the world."

To help consumers prepare for the Vive launch, Valve has issued the SteamVR test application for free on Steam. It provides a fun and easy way to find out if your PC is ready for Vive.

Wow! That totally didn't fit well with this whole monologue thing I've got going on with this news post, but I bet it sure was interesting to read, right? Plus, once you get your Vive, you'll be able to play these VR capable games, including the three free ones listed at top. Some of those games sure do look fun!
Working...
X