Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: Gabe Newell Responds to Terrible Dota 2 Shanghai Major - Calls James Harding an Ass, Fires Production Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Gabe Newell Responds to Terrible Dota 2 Shanghai Major - Calls James Harding an Ass, Fires Production Company

Apparently, the Dota 2 Shanghai Major is kind of a shitshow. There are apparently problems with players getting the appropriate hardware, there are problems with being unable to watch the matches, and the list goes on.

It apparently got so bad that Gabe Newell took to the Dota 2 subreddit to reveal that someone named James is an ass and that they're firing the production company.
    Two things:

1) James. We've had issues with James at previous events. Some Valve people lobbied to bring him back for Shanghai, feeling that he deserved another chance. That was a mistake. James is an ass, and we won't be working with him again.

2) As long as we're firing people, we are also firing the production company that we've been working with on the Shanghai Major. They will be replaced, and we hope to get this turned around before the main event.

As always, I can be reached at gaben@valvesoftware.com.

Gabe

I haven't been following the event too closely but this seems like things were really bad if Gabe Newell is out there calling someone an ass and firing an entire production company while an event is still going on.

The problem I have here is that Valve is quick to call someone out for something done during one of their Dota 2 events, but made no remarks about an asshole that physically assaulted a player at a recent CS:GO DreamHack event.
Working...
X