Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twitter Says that Death and Rape Threats Against Peter Moore's Wife Don't Violate Any Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter Says that Death and Rape Threats Against Peter Moore's Wife Don't Violate Any Rules

Twitter, the social network known most recently for its horrific policy enforcement, did nothing to buck the stigma this week when it claimed that death and rape threats against Peter Moore's wife were not against their rules.

More said that he receives many threats but he said that it was "the threats to my wife and family (that) spurred me to report this to Twitter." Twitter's response to Moore?

Well, maybe the threats weren't all that severe, right? Wrong.
    "Hope your wife gets raped by Muslims. You've ruined FIFA your a disgrace."
    "Hope ur wife dies in a ditch a ditch u scum. Hurry up and die u old prick."
    "Hope your wife gets raped."
    "u scum I hate you and everything related to u ... I hope u ur wife kids family all die then there's nothing left of u."

These Tweets largely came from Twitter user @xbox_gamer87. This was a user that was banned at least once before by Twitter. However, due to Twitter not actually banning users permanently (with the possible exception of obvious spambot accounts), the user was free to return to his old name without issue.

This is just the latest in a string of inactions and head scratching responses on the part of Twitter and the seemingly incompetent Twitter Support.

(via Polygon)
Working...
X