Jason Graves and Lustmord Highlight Evolve Soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Graves and Lustmord Highlight Evolve Soundtrack

2K and Turtle Rock have announced that BAFTA award winner Jason Graves and "primal music legend" Lustmord will highlight the soundtrack and sound for Evolve. The Evolve blog offers up a detailed Q&A with Jason Graves.
    The character and vibe….when you first listen, it summons the vibe from Aliens and Predator. Was that the original point? Or did it, well, evolve into what it is now?

Graves:
    It’s great to hear that because a lot of what you’re describing was initially what Turtle Rock was looking for in terms of a musical fingerprint that they wanted.

No orchestra – that was high up on my list. When I start out, I try to figure out what the vibe needs to be and usually I’m thinking about what I’m NOT going to use as opposed to what I will. This game, in particular, is interesting to me because it didn’t require an orchestra. Turtle Rock didn’t rule it out. Everything was on the table.

I’m on a non-orchestral kick right now. I’m enjoying synthesizers, odd sounds and running things through guitar amps to see what works. This game was really the perfect opportunity for me to geek out on all those things I got to do a little bit on all these different projects in the last couple years and throw them all into Evolve.

You’ve got that industrial mash-up of dark percussion and synths and all these abstract weird, screechy elements. All of that, together, wasn’t a plan from the very beginning, but we had that direction in mind and it built upon itself along the way. In the past 18 months, the music really has evolved.

You can always read a lot more with Jason Graves over at the Evolve website. Next week the team will have a Q&A up with Lustmord.
Working...
X