No announcement yet.

This War of Mine Announced - Takes a Decidedly Different Approach to War Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This War of Mine Announced - Takes a Decidedly Different Approach to War Games

11 Bit Studios has just announced This War of Mine. Gone are your conventional staples of war games where you play as part of a national military or as some elite squad.

No, this one is a bit different.
    In This War of Mine, the focus is shifted away from military operations portrayed in most games. Instead, it is a dark survival game where players control a group of civilians trying to stay alive in a besieged city. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, offering players time to craft, trade, upgrade their shelter, feed and cure their people. At night they must scavenge nearby areas in search for food, medicines, weapons and other useful items.

This War of Mine was inspired by real-life events and delivers a message. “This can happen in your city, in your country,” Michal Drozdowski, lead designer, said. “While designing a new game, we came across an article that described how one man survived in a besieged city. We learned about his hardships and the horror of that experience. We decided to work around this idea and make something real, something that moves people and make them think for a second. It's about time that games, just like any other art form, start talking about important things.”

The game will task the player with having to make "life-and-death decisions based on their conscience." This survival focused title is currently in development for PC and mobile devices and will be shown off for the first time at GDC 2014, which kicks off next week.

You can find out more on the game at This War is Mine.
Working...
X