Thief System Requirements are Here Includes Mantle API Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief System Requirements are Here Includes Mantle API Support

The system requirements for the Thief reboot were revealed recently. The recommended specs are already hitting i7 CPU territory, but let's see what the rest of the requirements and recommended specs entail.
    Minimum System Requirements
    CPU: High-performance dual core CPU or quad core CPU
    RAM: 4 GB
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 4800 series / Nvidia GTS 250
    DirectX: DirectX 10
    HDD/SSD: 20 GB

Recommended Specs
    CPU: AMD FX 8000 series or better / Intel i7 Quad Core CPU
    RAM: 4+ GB
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD / R9 series or better / Nvidia GTX 660 series or better
    DirectX: DirectX 11
    HDD/SSD: 20 GB

We've partnered up with AMD to leverage the advanced capabilities of Radeon graphics processors, including AMD's Eyefinity multi-display technology, TrueAudio, Mantle API, and state-of-the-art DirectX 11 rendering for the best image quality on PC. If that's given you an urge to upgrade your rig, be sure to check out AMD's Never Settle Forever offer.

Thief is making use of the Mantle API from AMD? I did not know this. The PC version is being handled by Nixxes, the same group that handled the fantastic PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Tomb Raider.

I like that Nixxes is making the PC version. After the last few bits of information I was beginning to think it was going to be a port from console and PC be an afterthought.

I know that's how it is today, but I don't think a Thief series reboot would be very well done with that mentality. I hope that archery is still the main way of battle. Sword fighting was very difficult in Thief and any time you fought two guards you were in for a rough time.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
    X