Grand Theft Auto V Surpasses $1 Billion in Sales in Just Three Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto V Surpasses $1 Billion in Sales in Just Three Days

It seems like only yesterday that the news broke that Grand Theft Auto V had hit $800 million in sales in its first day of being out. Well, it wasn't yesterday, it was two days ago and already now the game has hit the first $1 billion. It took a videogame just three days to reach $1 billion.

Let. That. Sink. In.
    We believe this marks the fastest that any entertainment property, including video games* and feature films**, has reached this significant milestone.

"Grand Theft Auto is a cultural phenomenon and Rockstar Games continues to redefine what can be achieved in interactive entertainment," said Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two. "We are incredibly proud of the extraordinary critical and commercial response to Grand Theft Auto V."

Those asterisks in the quote point towards articles at both the LA Times and Filmonic.com. These articles show how GTAV not only surpassed, but blew away the previous records held by Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and The Avengers. Black Ops 2 reached $1 billion after 15 days of being on sale. The Avengers reached $1 billion within 10 days. Of course, it may be a bit unfair to compare the price of a game to the price of a movie ticket, but it's still an insane feat.

*Head slam on desk.*

Damn it... This is what I get for being a naysayer. Now Mr. Sebastian can gloat at me with his experience in making accurate predictions, and probably gain a few more clients who trust in his work now. Oh and congrats Rockstar...

Comment

COME TO PC ALREADYYYYYY

Comment

While i am suprised at how well it runs on consoles, i still want a PC version.

Comment

I am really having fun playing it. Did my first heist yesterday.

Comment

Finished it last night. It took either 40 hours or 48 hours depending on which part of Raptr I want to believe since the Social Club won't even load for me right now.

Comment

Working...
            X