Pre-Order Call of Duty: Ghosts to Receive a Discount on Eminem's New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Order Call of Duty: Ghosts to Receive a Discount on Eminem's New Album

If the promise of a reduced cost next-gen step-up program wasn't enough, nor was the tantalizing prospect of a "free" multiplayer DLC map, then perhaps the classy musical stylings of Eminem will persuade you to buy Call of Duty: Ghosts.
    "The energy and intensity of 'Survival' really matches Call of Duty: Ghosts. I'm excited to continue to be a part of the franchise," said Eminem in a press release.

Yes, the world of crazy and sometimes really stupid promotional cross-overs once again hits us with a tie-in between Ghosts and the rapper Eminem. If you pre-order Ghosts from GameStop, you will be given a code to download The Marshall Mathers LP 2 at a discount. It shouldn't be too surprising to you to see this cross-over happen. Both the game and the album come out the same day and a song from Eminem was featured at the reveal event for Ghosts earlier this year.

The special discount will give you access to the album with an exclusive bonus track for just $8.99 (USD), which is a savings of anywhere between $1 and $6, give or take.

Well, let me just rush right now and pre-order 50 copies of Ghosts.

I wonder how much they paid him for this crap.

Comment

Another reason to like Treyarch more with their rock oriented CoD's :P.

Comment

Originally posted by nemes1s3000 View Post
        I wonder how much they paid him for this crap.
        Probably the same amount EA/Danger Close paid Linkin Park for the two Medal of Honor games. I'm a bit disappointed though as I was expecting free candy, only to see a coupon for a discount of an album. I mean, you don't even get it for free. So we're buying games that double as flyers now? I don't like this, because it will surely inspire EA/Maxis to release sponsored DLC at a discounted price instead of free.

Comment

Working...
        X