Report: PlayStation 4 Will Also Include Used Games DRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: PlayStation 4 Will Also Include Used Games DRM

Geoff Keighley, on the recent episode of Bonus Round TV said that his sources informed him that Sony is looking at some form of DRM for used PlayStation 4 games.
    "...The one thing that is amazing to me is that right now we're not hearing a lot from the game publishers about what their view is on this. The console companies are becoming the bad guys. And, you know, Microsoft is getting beaten up a lot on it. Sony, I think, has been seen as this kind of white knight so far that's not going to restrict used games. Based on some of the things I'm hearing, I don't think that's entirely true, because I can't see publishers allowing one system to do one thing and one do another."

So far, he is the only one who is saying this and it does contradict most everything else we've heard about used PS4 games so far. It also contradicts what recent reports have said about Sony lacking the funds for the sort of infrastructure for a system similar to what is rumored for the Xbox One. But hey, why not. Let's just annoy every gamer out there and everyone go pick up a Wii U if you really want a console.

If that is the case then I will probably skip this generation of consoles.

Comment

Thats exactly how i feel :/

Comment

Working...
      X