Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madden NFL 25 and FIFA 14 Ignoring Wii U - How is This Even News Anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden NFL 25 and FIFA 14 Ignoring Wii U - How is This Even News Anymore?

EA has confirmed that there will not be Wii U versions of either Madden NFL 25 and FIFA 14. How is this surprising to anybody anymore?

EA says that the decision to not create a Wii U version of FIFA 14 is due to the lack of sales on FIFA 13.
    "Six months ago FIFA 13 was a launch title on Wii U. Although the game featured FIFA's award-winning HD gameplay and innovative new ways to play, the commercial results were disappointing. We have decided not to develop FIFA 14 on Wii U."

Alright, so what about Madden?
    "We will not be releasing a Wii U version of Madden NFL in 2013. However, we have a strong partnership with Nintendo and will continue to evaluate opportunities for delivering additional Madden NFL products for Nintendo fans in the future."

You know what other console EA chose not to support? The Dreamcast. Think about that one.

Seriously, nobody should be surprised at this. Nobody. If you're surprised, happy birthday because you must have just been born.

(via Eurogamer)

While I, like the rest of the world, had assumed there would be no FIFA 14, I wished the EA spokesperson would be more honest and not use words like "award-winning HD gameplay, and innovative new ways to play" when Nintendo fans were stuck with a rebranded FIFA 12. Blaming on FIFA 13's sales just seems cruel to punish Nintendo fans for not wanting to buy FIFA 12 all over again. Don't get me wrong, EA can blame software sales as a whole to cut off Nintendo like an infected limb, but denying FIFA 14 for Wii U specifically because of FIFA 13 is a blatant lie, and it just isn't helping me empathize with them.

Comment

Working...
    X