MMORPG Tera Going Free to Play Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMORPG Tera Going Free to Play Next Month

Another MMORPG is making the move to free to play (F2P) beginning next month. Starting in February 2013, Tera: Rising will be open to everyone.

Existing players will have an unchanged gaming experience with the added benefit of a new mount and a new "Founder" title. The team at En Masse have put together a handy FAQ to prepare new players, including the different pricing tiers. There will be two free tiers, one for new players and one for old players returning. A special Elite Status tier for $15 per 30 days gives a ton of added bonuses above the two other tiers.

You can sign up for an account now in preparation for next month's move to F2P. More details and the full FAQ can be found at the Tera website.

Whelp I knew this was coming at some point; time to get my 1 year sub paid back to me still have 5+ months on it lol. Great game and cool to see it is going free to play without stupid restrictions to the game.

Comment

Was waiting for this

Comment

wasn't the game's client like 30gb?

Comment

Going to try, I just hope it's not mega grindy like most Korean MMO.

Comment

I really hope TES Online follows this F2P spree most MMO's are going for.

Comment

It seems to me like they make as much money as they can and switch it over when enough people drop off for the next MMO. Then again I haven't played an MMO since Lineage 2, so this is just what it seems like from my perspective.

Comment

Working...
              X