Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Games

When you think of Epic Games, a few things come to mind: Unreal Tournament, Unreal Engine, Gears of War, and Cliff Bleszinski (aka: Cliffy B, Dude Huge). Well, you may want to stop making that last association because it was announced today that Cliff has parted ways with Epic Games. The rockstar of the gaming world is moving on to other ventures.
    "I’ve been doing this since I was a teenager, and outside of my sabbatical last year, I have been going non-stop. I literally grew up in this business, as Mike likes to say. And now that I’m grown up, it’s time for a much needed break.

"I will miss the projects, the playtests, the debates, and most importantly, the people. Epic only hires the best of the best, and it has been a joy working with each and every one of you on a daily basis, whether you were hired weeks ago or decades ago. I have been fortunate enough to collaborate with a variety of disciplines, from code to art to marketing and PR – it’s been one big, rewarding learning experience. I’m confident that each project that is being built, whether at Epic, Chair, PCF, or Impossible will be top notch and will please gamers and critics alike."

Mark Rein (VP at Epic) and Dr. Michael Capps (President of Epic) had the following to say.
    “In my 10 years of working with Cliff, his passion for creating video games of the highest quality has been unflinching. We are grateful for all of his hard work, and remain committed to making our fans happy and to always raising the bar in everything we do at Epic,” said Epic Games President Dr. Michael Capps.

“Cliff has been my friend and business associate for the past 20 years and, while it is sad to see him move on from Epic, I know that everyone here has benefitted greatly from his passion for gaming and the depth of his expertise and experience,” said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic. “I’ll miss watching his star shine from such a close vantage point but I’ll still look forward to watching his continued success.”

It is unclear just yet what Bleszinski's next venture will be. To say this is a shock, would be putting it lightly.

You can still keep up with what Bleszinski is up to by following on Twitter @therealcliffyb. Best of luck to him in his future ventures!

(via Epic Games)

Honestly... I'm still numb from Jared leaving Screwattack.com, three people losing their jobs from a different company and one leaving said company. I can barely feel any shock from this as I haven't recovered from this much change all in the same week. It's like you can't feel shell shocked if you're still in one right now. Hmm... Perhaps not the right choice of words, since this isn't a warzone... Never mind.

Comment

Cliffy B, that Jared person, and who are the others?

Comment

Well they're people I know personally (excluding CliffyB and Jared of course), so nobody from the gaming industry. Point is, I've said so many goodbyes that seeing anymore change isn't going to affect me at this current state since I'm already in the middle of shock from all of the previous changes that happened nearly simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
        X