Dark Souls PC Confirmed for 30FPS Lock and 1024x720 Internal Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Souls PC Confirmed for 30FPS Lock and 1024x720 Internal Resolution

Bad news tonight for fans looking forward to the release of Dark Souls on the PC. Many of your first fears have been confirmed as DSOGaming discovered that the game is locked at just 30 frames per second and an internal resolution of 1024x720.

This resolution lock means that even if you play at 1920x1080, the image will be simply upscaled from the 1024x720. These confirmed details come from a preview build of the game.

This confirmation comes after months of previews and articles saying that the game struggled to run smoothly on modern hardware. The team bringing it to the PC have even admitted that they don't really know what they're doing and admitted that there would be problems.

(via DSOGaming)

Re: Dark Souls PC Confirmed for 30FPS Lock and 1024x720 Internal Resolution

):

Comment

Welcome to 90's!
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition? Already did... Inside.

Comment

Re: Dark Souls PC Confirmed for 30FPS Lock and 1024x720 Internal Resolution

Originally posted by K-16
          Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition? Already did... Inside.
          +Rep, very nice.

We need a Picard WTH pic up for this one.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

lol, it seems developers still do not get it, its like they want their PC versions to fail because they cba to do the work...they'll even blame the sales on piracy

Comment

You've still gotta give it to them, they have absolutely no experience in porting games to PC and somehow they managed to do so.

Comment

To be fair, they may lack the resources to optimize their game to take advantage of the PC platform properly. I don't think it occurred to them to hire consultation from Intel, NVidia, and AMD to get video cards to run the game appropriately, and I doubt they realize how important it is to budget that in before developing for the PC platform. Assuming they didn't have enough funding for this much hassle, then I would've preferred the PC version to not exist in the first place and to cut their losses at a much earlier stage.

To me this is a more feasible route than to press on with a mediocre title, tarnish their reputation for the PC market, and continue wasting their money on development (including DLC). I mean look at EA/DICE and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as well as Battlefield: 1943. Cut your losses in favor of using what resources you DO have towards something you would be better at. Least you can salvage your reputation. I don't know, am I being naive here? It's possible I missed a critical point.

(Thanks for the +rep CptainCrunch. I like the Black Mesa: Source comment better though. Cracked me up. Anyways, here's your request.)

Comment

Working...
                X