Black Mesa: Source Team Taking Fan Feedback Seriously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Mesa: Source Team Taking Fan Feedback Seriously

A recent forum posting at the Black Mesa: Source website by the Lead Developer, Raminator, shows that the team takes fan feedback seriously. Basesd off of just the leaked footage from a few days back, the team has already made some adjustment for the biggest issues fans saw.

• We've made the ironsights functionality an option that you can choose in the main menu, it's on by default.
    • We previously had two sets of voices for human grunts; a deeper, more gruff one for commanders, and a younger, cleaner one for regular grunts and medics. We've now given regular grunts the badass gruff voice as well, and all voices have had a radio-static filter applied. As a result, all human grunts now wear gasmasks.
    • We are re-recording the human grunts scripted dialogue (i.e. scripted sequences, not their idle/combat chatter).
    • We have replaced the song in this battle with an alternate track, one that's darker and more aggressive.

I also have it on good authority that the Black Mesa: Source team is not planning on providing any advance copies to sites for review purposes. Everyone gets the mod at the same time, no exceptions.

(via BMS Forums)

... Are we the reason why this mod is taking so long? Or is this the first minor delay we caused?

Comment

I am just glad the mod is not dead.

Comment

Re: Black Mesa: Source Team Taking Fan Feedback Seriously

so they should leak the whole mod, so that everyone could complain and improve it

Comment

Re: Black Mesa: Source Team Taking Fan Feedback Seriously

Originally posted by jimykx
          so they should leak the whole mod, so that everyone could complain and improve it
          +Rep

Very good thinking Jimy. They should do that.
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
          X