DICE Promises Continued Battlefield 3 Support as Battlefield 4 Beta Nears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DICE Promises Continued Battlefield 3 Support as Battlefield 4 Beta Nears

To help ease the minds of many of those in the community, DICE and EA have taken to Reddit to answer a few lingering concerns remaining. Most notably they state that they will continue to support Battlefield 3 despite the upcoming beta for Battlefield 4. They also "recognize" that there is a huge want for such features like a better VOIP solution, Battle Recorder, spectator mode, and more robust support for the eSports communities.

• The beta will be in Fall of 2013. We don't have a BF4 release date yet but, of course, it will be after the beta.
    • We will continue to support BF3. DICE and EA are dedicated to continuing our support for Battlefield 3. Just as we've continued to support and maintain Bad Company 2, we intend to continue providing the best Battlefield 3 experience we can well into the future and past the release of End Game and Battlefield 4.
    • There are several teams at DICE. Starting work on Battlefield 4 does not mean that we will be abandoning Battlefield 3 or working any less hard to bring you the best expansions we can.
    • Your feedback absolutely matters. We will continue to use it to improve BF3 and to make Battlefield 4 even better from day one.
    • There will be other ways to get into the beta aside from MoH Warfighter. At this time, however, it is the only way to guarantee entry.
    • We've been seeing a lot of concerns about the pacing of release (i.e. "only" two years after BF3). I think it's worth noting that DICE has released a Battlefield game every two years or sooner AND Mirror's Edge (EDITED for clarity). I truly believe that we're in one of the best positions to be creating our next title - Frostbite 2 has matured, we've been gathering fan feedback like crazy, Battlefield 3 continues to expand with features which we can learn from, and we've got more data about how people play than ever.

It's unclear as to whether or not those strong desires for things like better VOIP and others will be worked on for inclusion with Battlefield 3 or if they're things they're working towards with Battlefield 4.

(via Reddit)

nope

they have released Battlefield games at a good pace, but these were always something different, maybe an expansion etc, not going from #3 to #4

while I of course don't know what BF4 is going to be like or be about I have absolutely no plans to get the game at the moment, the slightest chance would exist if it were a sequel to 2142 but even then I am sure Dice would ruin that with their new "modern" gameplay mechanics

pity, Battlefield games used to be guaranteed pre orders from me

Comment

Re: DICE Promises Continued Battlefield 3 Support as Battlefield 4 Beta Nears

Well I know I probably wont pick up BF4 for one reason:

I'm a mormon and I'm approaching mission age. Hell, depending on the life cycle or when (if) I choose to leave I may miss it entirely (2 years)

Comment

Re: DICE Promises Continued Battlefield 3 Support as Battlefield 4 Beta Nears

Originally posted by [MyIS]Zips
        • We will continue to support BF3. DICE and EA are dedicated to continuing our support for Battlefield 3. Just as we've continued to support and maintain Bad Company 2, we intend to continue providing the best Battlefield 3 experience we can well into the future and past the release of End Game and Battlefield 4.
        I believe them if they're solely talking about consoles because last time I checked, Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Onslaught DLC was cancelled for PC in favor of focusing all efforts on Battlefield 3. While it's nice to hear support for Battlefield 3 to continue post-release of Battlefield 4, I'm um... Not sure if that would be exclusive to consoles... I suppose with Origin updating becomes easier for DICE, so maybe PC gamers won't be hosed this time.

... I would've liked to play Battlefield 1943... Sniff...

Comment

Working...
        X