Aion Going "F2P" Route with Aion: Ascension and 3.0 Content Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aion Going "F2P" Route with Aion: Ascension and 3.0 Content Update

NCSoft revealed today that once Aion's 3.0 content update rolls around in March, the game will be rebranded as Aion: Ascension and offered as a "Truly Free" MMO.

Aion: Ascension’s Truly Free business model gives players access to the entire game, including the two major expansions, 3,000+ quests, 30+ instances, 18 zones, three instanced PvP games, pets, classes and key social features like the auction house, chat, trade, crafting, gathering and forums. And with new content from the 3.0 update, which provide several new gameplay systems that Aion fans have been asking for, Aion: Ascension will be one of the most compelling MMOs on the market.

A sample of features coming in the Aion 3.0 content update include:
    · Housing System – Everyone gets a home. Decorate and party in your new home.
    · Mount System – A new gameplay system which lets Daevas speed around the world of Atreia in style.
    · New Instances – Six new instances including a challenging 24-player raid.
    · New Zones – Two stunning new zones in the Balaur homeland.
    · New Level Cap – Five new levels bringing the max level to 60.

Prior to the update, NCSoft will allow all current free players to play for unlimited time with an increased level cap of 40. Veteran players will get 14-days of game time prior to the 3.0 update. All players will get to partake of increased XP gains and other bonuses.

More information can be found at the Truly Free Aion Online website. Get ready for more MMO than you can shake a stick at.

For some reason I didn't expect this. I never had the time to buy this MMO, but it was the only one I wanted to try since Lineage 2. I played the beta, is all. I'm kinda excited now......to play 2 hours a week.....around a full time job, classes, wife, kid, etc...

Comment

Working...
    X