Pay Out the Wazoo for Mass Effect 3 DLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Out the Wazoo for Mass Effect 3 DLC

If you want access to various pieces of Mass Effect 3 DLC, it looks like you're going to pay a premium. It's not that the DLC itself will be priced at incredibly high prices, it's the fact that a lot of the DLC is bundled with Mass Effect 3 action figures and an art book.

Eurogamer notes that Mass Effect 3 figures will come with DLC codes. You can purchase one figure for $18 (USD) or pick up a pack of four for $68. There will be eight figures in total making two packs of four running gamers about $136, give or take.

"These products contain codes that can be redeemed for a downloadable content pack for Mass Effect 3 multi-player. They are slightly randomised during the registration and could include powerful new weapons and new characters.

"The pack could also include character boosters, weapon modifications, and weapon upgrades to make your multiplayer squad stronger. (Only supported on Xbox 360 and PC.)"

Another piece of content can also be acquired when you pick up the Art of the Mass Effect Universe from Barnes & Noble for $26.64 (USD). The art book will come with DLC that features the "collector's rifle, among other cool content to beat out your opponents." This will be used in the game's multiplayer component.

This just seems like it's getting way out of hand now.

Re: Pay Out the Wazoo for Mass Effect 3 DLC

So you have to buy toys to get DLC? I didnt think the target audience of the game was that young.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

There just asking for the PC version to be pirated especially with Origin, and now this. Very dumb idea, but it sounds like a money grab which is what most dlc these days is anyway.
      PSN: Xclusiveitalian
      Steam: Stryker
      Origin: Xclusiveitalian
      Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

I want to buy children's fast food that comes with a DLC voucher, as well as a box of cereal that has a hidden code inside. McDonalds... Kelloggs... Get to work and call BioWare/EA to strike a deal already!

Comment

Oh look they saw how popular Spyro Skylander is and want to copy the Idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
            Oh look they saw how popular Spyro Skylander is and want to copy the Idea.
            The difference is that with Skylanders, the character figures actually server a purpose and add to the core gameplay. These for ME3 do nothing.

(I've also heard nothing but good things about Skylanders, but haven't tried it myself.)

Comment

This is a really REALLY bad idea on their part. It might sound and look great on paper to them but it is epic fail and it will be the fans that lose.

Comment

Working...
              X