2GB Update Coming Next Week for Battlefield 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2GB Update Coming Next Week for Battlefield 3

Next week, DICE and EA will roll out an update for Battlefield 3 that will include a ton of fixes, balancing tweaks, and contain some content from the upcoming Back to Karkand DLC pack.

Bugfixes:
    Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point
    Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded
    Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings
    Fixed stat references on several dogtags
    Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS
    Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small
    Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
    Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO
    Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it
    Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target
    Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read
    Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights
    Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly
    Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds
    Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.
    Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM
    Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often
    Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle
    Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting
    Fixed several crashes and increased general stability
    Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other
    Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gameped to be used for throttle/brake.
    Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute
    Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar
    Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time
    Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen
    You can now reassign cycle weapons
    Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle
    Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks:
    Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.
    Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
    Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
    Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
    Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.
    Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.
    Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).
    Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.
    Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.
    Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.
    Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.
    Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
    Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
    Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
    Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.
    Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.
    Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.
    Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.
    Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.
    Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.
    Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.
    Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.
    Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.
    Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.
    Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.
    Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.
    Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.
    Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.
    Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.
    Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic).
    Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals
    Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree
    Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border
    Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts.

They noted that future packs will be more optional as to the content downloaded, so that update sizes will not be as large next time.

Re: 2GB Update Coming Next Week for Battlefield 3

Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
    Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.
    Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.
    DO WHAT?!?!?! The Spec Ops camo doesnt mask to begin with. You dont see some suspenders and pants, otherwise, you still glow.

Stealth doesnt help that much.

Beam scanning doesnt make that big of a difference.

Also, stealth affects beam scanning, by lowering both, arent you still making it the same? Ground and air units can still lock on faster. Fix that counter measure one instead because it does nothing.

As for the rest of the fixes, those are good. I dont understand the AT mines. I wonder if that means they will now magically disappear, which is stupid. None of the placed explosives should ever disappear except C4 or when a limit is reached.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

What's the "Time To Live" thing they mention here: Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots." ??

Comment

Do normal people get excited for interp settings, or is it just because I play too much cs?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
          What's the "Time To Live" thing they mention here: Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots." ??
          Basically the bullet you shoot will register longer before it causes a null effect

I real life you shoot a bullet, at some point the energy, and gravity will cause it to drop to the ground and do nothing. In the game it is the same principal, so they are going to increase the time to live

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue Warrior
            Basically the bullet you shoot will register longer before it causes a null effect

I real life you shoot a bullet, at some point the energy, and gravity will cause it to drop to the ground and do nothing. In the game it is the same principal, so they are going to increase the time to live
            Doesn't it just disappear completely after TTL expires? No difference for the target of course, but less work for the computer.

Comment

Ok so half of those "fixes and balance tweaks" are completely random and not even needed as usual. Where is the F2000 nerf etc that everyone is expecting? I seriously feel like DICE are trolling us here. First the G3 gets nerfed and now this......

Comment

I'm really proud of DICE taking the initiative to update the game with as much fixes and tweaks as possible, and it hasn't even been a month for the game. Kudos to you DICE, and screw you sideways EA. (You too Valve.)

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                  Doesn't it just disappear completely after TTL expires? No difference for the target of course, but less work for the computer.
                  Correct Vreki, I left that part out!
                  Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                    DO WHAT?!?!?! The Spec Ops camo doesnt mask to begin with. You dont see some suspenders and pants, otherwise, you still glow.
                    It does, You have a blackened body, but the all the clothing on top of the suit lights up like a Christmas tree. Don't forget that the Camo you pick doesn't always save.

If your Proned and not moving too much you they're unlikely to see the the heat from your vest.

Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.
                    Good. Hope this reduces the amount of KDR whores on Canals.

Comment

As for the rest of the fixes, those are good. I dont understand the AT mines. I wonder if that means they will now magically disappear, which is stupid. None of the placed explosives should ever disappear except C4 or when a limit is reached.
                      Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).
                      It's a temporary solution, I guess it will be like the others BF in the end.

Mostly good patch again. I hope the AN94 will be good.

Comment

i was hoping they would all out remove the irnv and the mortar, but a nerf on both is good enough i guess. i also like that they nerfed the frag rounds on the auto shotguns, on hardcore mode those things are stronger than the apc shells. i was also hoping they would add some new maps, but i can wait 2 weeks for the strike at karkand dlc. i have been playing BC2 alot again because BF3 was pissing me off so this patch might bring me back.

Comment

When are they going to fix that annoying chat box? Are they going to at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Dronetek
                            When are they going to fix that annoying chat box? Are they going to at all?
                            The changelog is a wall of text but does mention making it easier to read. I REALLY hope they actually meant easier to ignore and see past if you need / want to.

Comment

How about try fixing the inexplicable crash to desktop that thousands of people are having you fuck heads?

Comment

Working...
                              X