November 22nd Battlefield 3 Patch Arrives in a Few Short Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 22nd Battlefield 3 Patch Arrives in a Few Short Hours

A rather substantial patch for Battlefield 3 will be arriving shortly for the PC and console versions of the game. While I can't say for sure when the consoles will receive the patch, the PC version is slated to get the new patch at 11PM (PST) tonight.

---- Client-Side Changes:

-- Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:

• General performance and loading time improvements
    • “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
    • Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
    • Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
    • Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
    • Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
    • Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
    • Improved loading times for certain textures
    • Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS
    • Added console command “UI.DrawEnable” to hide UI for screenshots / videos

-- Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)

• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement
    • Added back some missing Growlers on Kharg Island Conquest Large
    • Added back EOR sound for SQDM and TDM
    • You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
    • Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it(note the affect this will have on Hardcore mode!)
    • Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
    • You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
    • Combat areas on Kharg Rush tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after 1st base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
    • Fixed a problem with revived players not suffering suppression
    • Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in COOP
    • Added joystick deadzone setting
    • Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
    • Fixed an issue with some weapon sounds in first person
    • Fixed a swim sound loop error
    • Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
    • Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns against jeeps.
    • Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
    • Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly.
    • Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex.
    • Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons.
    • Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
    • Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.
    • Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
    • Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.
    • Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
    • Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
    • Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against Helicopters.
    • Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
    UI Changes (PC)
    • Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
    • Advanced squad polish – should be more intuitive
    • Significant changes to the Join Squad functionality (see below)
    • Fixed a problem regarding keybindings while playing
    • You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog

---- Server Update Highlights

• EOD Bot exploit fix
    • Several crash fixes
    • Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
    • Improved team kill kick configuration
    • Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

-- Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
    • User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
    • Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

-- Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
    • Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
    • Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
    • Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
    • Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
    • All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
    • Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad” line
    • Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

-- A detailed look at Squad refinements

A detailed look at Squad refinements

Today's PC client patch features numerous tweaks to Squad functionality and is part of our ongoing efforts to make it easier to play with friends and Platoon mates. These changes will also be implemented for consoles when we release the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 updates shortly. Stay tuned for the exact date of the console updates.

First, we need to look at how joining with Squads and Platoons affects the balance of teams. Initially, servers are commanded to equal out each side, so joining with friends can impact that balance while joining with Platoons further hinders this. As a result we have made some adjustments to the in-game Squad management screen.

For PC, you are now able to highlight the various Squads and select which one you wish to join by selecting a Squad and then clicking the Join Squad button. Please note that the Squad Privacy option still allows 2 man Squads which, during 64 player sessions, can lead to players with no squad position –- the number of people with no Squads will be shown at the bottom of the Squad selection list.

After the patch is applied to consoles (in the near future) you will be able to join Squads by cycling through the list and selecting which Squad you wish to join.

This sounds like a great list of changes, but where is the in-game VOIP? Where is the ability to join a server via a queue system in Battlelog? Those are easily the two most requested items and they are still a no-show for the game.

deadzones for joysticks. thank you

Comment

Wonder what the new UI looks like....?

Comment

Re: November 22nd Battlefield 3 Patch Arrives in a Few Short Hours

• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
        Huh, wasdat? And no tweaks to the SKS, what about the M39 EMR mag size?

Comment

Stability is way better, I had no problems joining a server first try! That is a first.

Comment

By the time black Friday gets here and I pick up the game, it'll be even more awesome! I agree with Zips, though: VoIP in-game is very important. Sure I can chat with friends on ventrilo, but the only reason I have those friends is in-game VoIP from a different game! I'd hate for someone else to miss out on a friend-making opportunity...sorta leads to just a pub game, IMO.

Comment

This really annoys me, they have AGAIN tweaked the damage of the G3 rifle. The gun has MASSIVE kick and therefore a massive amount of damage. Now they have nerfed it so its the same as any other gun but with MASSIVE kick. Fucking useless.

Comment

Yup the G3 wasn't op because of its low rof and recoil. It uses 7.62mm bullets, just like the Scar-H and the Scar-H was too powerful so they nerfed both...

Comment

oh no this is my clanforge ...Battlefield 3 - R9 Introduces New IssuesNov 22 2011 17:59:30 by Wahrheit

It has come to our attention that the most recent server build (R9) for Battlefield 3 has introduced a slough of new problems.

On the list:Servers have been dropping with the same apparent crash (and new ones) more frequently.
                  Servers have been dropped from Battlelog within 5 minutes of going online. Unranked servers are not properly functioning.
                  PunkBuster updates appear to be unrelated and we have updated manually just in case. Thankfully the rubberbanding does not appear to be present,

but all of these issues you're seeing are 100% code-based and happening for all RSPs of Battlefield 3. We are continuing to forward crash logs to DICE and hope they will alleviate these problems quickly but are unfortunately unable to give an ETA on any fixes at this time.
                  We thank you for your continued patience as we work with DICE to get everyone a better BF3 experience and apologize for any inconveniences these may cause.
                  Please note that support does unfortunately not wield any magic fix-it buttons (we wish we did!) and all we can do is advise you to restart in the cases of crashing and servers dropping off. These are DICE issues happening worldwide regardless of machine or provider.

Comment

Can we have 1 more squad so that when my friend joins my full 64 player game there is an option for us to squad up?

Comment

hmm seems they have gone with their BC2 patch methodology

which was buff things that didn't need buffing and nerf things that didn't need nerfing

lols

Comment

That didnt come from BC2, I remember the nerfing in BF2 prior to that.
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Crunch, what guns did they nerf in BF2? They never touched the AK101, they buffed the sniper rifles, LMG, SMG and certain other assault rifles (making the L85 a one hit head shot was a big one). I do remember the SCAR (either the H or L) going through buffs and debuffs and some crap about LMG with drop to prone, but that game had little to no balance.

The Jackhammer, that got nerfed, the engineer shotgun unlock!

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                            Crunch, what guns did they nerf in BF2? They never touched the AK101, they buffed the sniper rifles, LMG, SMG and certain other assault rifles (making the L85 a one hit head shot was a big one). I do remember the SCAR (either the H or L) going through buffs and debuffs and some crap about LMG with drop to prone, but that game had little to no balance.

Well I never saw it in its hey day, but the M95 would have become a joke if Changing a .50BMG rifle to a pea shooter had a sense of humour to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML

Game had no balance? Which guns to you were over powered?

Comment

Working...
                              X