Nine Minutes of Modern Warfare 3 Developer Walkthrough from E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Minutes of Modern Warfare 3 Developer Walkthrough from E3

Here is about nine minutes of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 gameplay that was demoed live at Microsoft's E3 2011 press event.

Thanks to RangerXML and jimykx for this.

Re: Nine Minutes of Modern Warfare 3 Developer Walkthrough from E3

i love how bf3 has 249 likes and 0 dislikes on their trailer and mw3 has 153 likes and 19 dislikes

Comment

That looks pretty boring tbh. I think I'm getting a little sick of Call of Duty at the moment.

The whole scene of having to sneak up on the sub is so Call-of-Duty-4-sniper-mission-cliché that it's been overdone to death. Then running through narrow sub corridors? Doesn't get more linear than that to be honest.

Then the whole blast-into-room-and-kill-everybody-in-slow-motion is also getting quite boring.

It's sort of like playing Dead Space 2. After a while you're not surprised anymore when the aliens lying on the floor come to life and it becomes a chore to pick them off from a distance before they "ambush" you.

SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK...on snap, no more awe.

Comment

Agree 100% Shifty.

It's a new game, but it feels like I have played it before.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

This has so many cliches and impossibilities in it... parts of this literally made me cringe.

"Oh yea! Lets fire missles randomly at New York City skyscrapers! Thats a good use of military technology and million dollar guided missiles!"
          "Oh thats a good idea! Bring half the Russian Navy INSIDE New York harbor and THEN fire all of our guided missiles and invade!"
          "Part of our pre-launch routine is definitely to get out of the sub before our missiles go off, so we'll get all the backblast in our face! For the motherland!"
          "Let's equip every single submarine jockey with assault rifles because it's obvious they're going to be fighting off US commandos."

The good thing about WW2 games is that the settings were already decided because of real time events... the Allies invaded Normandy because it was the best tactical choice (or whatever you would like to call it.) The Russians invaded the US through... New York City? THAT's a good idea, I'm sure the US will just let us park our boats in the Staten Island ferry terminal and unload, then we'll start the invasion.

Comment

So the whole part about the war having started in MW2, and the US already being invaded is lost on you? I'm actually looking forward to more of the same, why, because it works. Best part with BF3 coming out 2 weeks before MW3, I can have plenty of time to complete the single player and some mp and then play through MW3 single player.

Comment

Is the stupidity of parking a Navy inside New York harbor during and using it as a landing zone not clear enough?

Comment

Modern Warfare 3 will be crushed. You heard it here fir...oh no you didn't, because everybody knowns Call of Duty 8 is recycled garbage I could have made a mod of from CoD4.

They're competing against this, they're screwed, absolutely freaking screwed. (I'm totally a marketing expert...)

Comment

I saw it live on a stream but only started watching it half way in, and I honestly wondered for like half a minute why they were showing MW2 footage.

Deeply disappointed. BO probably is the last CoD for me then. (and even then I never bought WaW or MW2)

Comment

Was that MW2 or MW3? Or maybe its a CoD4 expansion pack i wasnt sure?

Comment

I just realized I was complaining about MW3 being a copy-paste of MW2, Black Ops, WaW, and CoD4, and I praised BF3, yet like an idiot I failed to notice how BF3 has so many similarities with BF:BC2. So I'd like to apologize for my stupidity.

I'm still more impressed by BF3 though.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                        I just realized I was complaining about MW3 being a copy-paste of MW2, Black Ops, WaW, and CoD4, and I praised BF3, yet like an idiot I failed to notice how BF3 has so many similarities with BF:BC2. So I'd like to apologize for my stupidity.

well, if it makes you feel better, look at it like this: BC2 was the pre-alpha for BF3 (Im intentionally ignoring the fact you had to pay for it...)

Comment

The MW franchise to me is like the recent Transformers movies. The first was amazing and what everyone had hoped for. The second had masses of hype and yet only delivered on the "How many explosions can we get in one scene" and was ultimately disappointing. MW3 like Transformers 3 will be more of the same old ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-

Did you even play BC2? I mean they look similar... but not like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                              Did you even play BC2? I mean they look similar... but not like that.
                              Yep, I played it a lot, but I stopped June 30th 2010.

The melee system looks cool; I hope it isn't a face-general-direction-of-enemy then click-lunge-instant-death mechanics like in Call of Duty games and BF:BC2 before it was patched. I've also noticed the recoil is rather small, unfortunately.

To be honest, I should really just shut up, I mean, the game is in it's pre-alpha stage or something? I should reserve my judgement for a later date.

Comment

Working...
                              X