No announcement yet.

Nine Minutes of Modern Warfare 3 Developer Walkthrough from E3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do you guys think of the BF2 knifing system, I mean i was thinking of this earlier, because if you guys would remember in BF2 and previous BFs you would have to slash at the enemy more than once which i enjoyed! I remember walking on a slope in Karkand and spotted this sniper, it was my first knife kill in BF2 :P thoroughly enjoyed it with a screenshot too :P

so my point is here, what if they brought the slasher knife tactic back? i.e. you will have to slash/swipe your knife multiple times at the enemy to kill instead of the COD like one swipe one kill thing?

Comment

Re: Nine Minutes of Modern Warfare 3 Developer Walkthrough from E3

BF2 knifing system is a little more realistic, you pull your knife out to use it, but I like the knifing system more from COD4 and I love the Tac Knife from MW2. But you have to remember even if there was terrible hit detection at some patches through out BF2, it was still a 1 hit kill weapon that could be abused, I went 14 - 0 on Warlord once only using the knife.

Comment

It all depends on what you like. If you're the kind of person that likes fast-paced gaming you will definitely enjoy Call of Duty 4's knifing system which has continued throughout the series. If you enjoy the skill required to kill an enemy with a knife that is unaided with an auto-aim then you'll prefer the Battlefield 2 and 2142 knifing system most.

Personally, I enjoy running into an enemy base, and increasing my momentum as I kill my way through, and the last thing I want when I run out of ammo is to have to lower than hard-earned momentum to pull out a knife and miss a few times before I kill somebody, then have to reload before progressing. However, I also enjoy, even more so, the satisfaction from killing somebody with a knife that takes a lot of skill to effectively use, like the one in BF2142, and the reward (dogtag) is even more satisfying. Knife fighting in Battlefield has always been very personal.

The idea of running into a building in BF2/2142 with a knife to clear it is extremely fun, cocky, and satisfying because of the insane amount of skill it requires to pull of successfully. In COD4 I run in, hit the knife button while facing the enemy, and continue doing so until everybody is dead. There's no thinking required.

Try running around knifing in BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
          Try running around knifing in BF2142.
          Done and done, hide in a corner in the engine room of a titan and shank the defenders as they make their bit for survival.

Comment

Exactly

The BF2142 knifing system is very useful but requires a basic amount of skill unlike the knives in CoD. I think this is the game devs' way of removing the difficulty curve by adding lunging and auto-aim.

Comment

FYI, they removed the lunge (and most of the auto aim) from Black Ops in the last patch, haven't tested the ballistic knife yet. Just helping you stay better informed. You have to be right on top of your target to knife them and facing them or as I found out the hard way, you knife over their heads if they are crouched.

Comment

I was never much of a dogtag hunter so I never really use the knife unless its a) One of my buddies. b) I have no more ammo left.

So it doesn't matter much to me... but I would prefer the old knife, but apparently its not going to be in BF3.

Comment

The knife has 2 functions in BF3 its confirmed.

Comment

I wonder if quick knife is weaker or something, or has some sort of drawback.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                      I wonder if quick knife is weaker or something, or has some sort of drawback.
                      I watched a stream last night with some guys that had played the game at E3 and they said the quick knife doesn't kill someone instantly from the front. You only get dogtags when knifing someone from the back, and then you get a certain animation as well.

Comment

Saw the animation, its featured in the Metro trailer for the game, pretty cool.

Comment

I would like to see an ability to counter the quick-knife and wielding a knife cannot be countered.

Comment

Working...
                          X