Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre-Purchase Modern Warfare 2's DLC

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
    Those were bad enough to totally ruin the game for me. Not something I can just get past in a game like that.
    It's better than BFBC2's bug farm.

Comment

Originally posted by bradino27
      It's better than BFBC2's bug farm.
      I disagree. A big part of it for me is intent. Dice seem to genuinely intend to fix their game and support it. IW seemed to be happy just taking the money and leaving the game broken while they insulted their fans. That makes a huge difference in perception on my part. They also lied about some things to string people along.

I can get past a few known bugs if I know they're being worked. I can't get past pirates cheating with nothing being done to stop them, and constant lag effects (magic bullets) due to an inferior method of connecting players.

Comment

tbh I don't see how this is anymore of a rip off than the custom BFBC2 clothes/guns for your solider, granted IW have had longer to fix issues, DICE haven't always been the fastest to fix things. I guess we'll see who comes up top on the BC2 vs MW2 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
          You're the cancer killing PC gaming.

You and all the other softies that caved into buying MW2 for PC.
          Yes, because I enjoy killing the only medium I play. I enjoy the game and so do the people I play with. It's just as likely that they decide to not release anymore games on the PC after the game was a billion dollar success on the xbox. I started enjoying BFBC2, I just have to remind myself that I enjoyed BF2 and that wasn't a perfect game either.

Now I have to ask you something, why are you still here? I mean you stopped playing MW2 and are pretty sure of yourself that you will never play it again, yet you remain here and harass people who still play and enjoy the game. I know the admins have no choice, it's their job, but you and others like you just stay behind and are general trolls on a forum dedicated to the discussion of people who play the game or are considering it, not for people dedicate to giving grieve to the people who still do. Move on, go into the light.

Comment

Originally posted by [Expletive Deleted]
            I disagree. A big part of it for me is intent. Dice seem to genuinely intend to fix their game and support it. IW seemed to be happy just taking the money and leaving the game broken while they insulted their fans. That makes a huge difference in perception on my part. They also lied about some things to string people along.

This is not directed specifically to you, but there is a common theme to your response by a great number in the BF community.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It is funny how perceptions have changed towards DICE/EA. I was on a BF1942 and BF2 mod team. We were made big promises by DICE/EA that never came to fruition. There was a lot of pre-launch hype with several mod teams involved (ours included) and there was absolutely no followup. BF2 was left by the wayside for BF2142 and BF2142 was left behind for BFBC2. Surprisingly they did a final patch for BF2 ... years after it should have been done. We're still waiting on a final BF2142 patch. IW is certainly not the golden child of PC gaming, but long term memory is in short supply when it comes to DICE/EA.

Comment

I'm not talking about past games. I'm talking about the current games and the current attitude of both developers.

Comment

MW2 is the new Airborne

Comment

Originally posted by RYKUU
                  You will never let up on purchasing it will you?
                  Seriously you need to move on...
                  No.

Because people shouldn't pay more than they do for most games made for PC for a game ported to PC as an afterthought. It shows developers/publishers they can get away with this crap and I can see it becoming the norm, which I don't want.

I also don't think people should pay 15 bucks for 2 ported maps and 2 new maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                    I also don't think people should pay 15 bucks for 2 ported maps and 2 new maps.
                    Anyone else notice people now saying there are only 4 maps, 2 old and 2 new. Its 5 maps, 2 old and 3 new. Where is this coming from now, this is the second forum I had to correct someone?

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Dan
                      tbh I don't see how this is anymore of a rip off than the custom BFBC2 clothes/guns for your solider, granted IW have had longer to fix issues, DICE haven't always been the fastest to fix things. I guess we'll see who comes up top on the BC2 vs MW2 fight.
                      The difference is this:

You can get the BC2 clothes for about $1 (USD) if you simply go buy one Dr. Pepper and redeem the code. It's not $15 for the clothes like it's $15 for 3 new maps and two easy rehash maps.

The beautiful part though? You don't even have to get that DLC. The clothes and skins for BC2 do not segregate the community as entire map packs do ala MW2. With map packs, you eventually feel obligated to purchase them if you want to keep up with some of your friends who purchased it, or keep up in some clan, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                        I agree. That as well as it seems they are not trying to improve it. Playing BC2 I see what a difference those two things can really make.

Of course, some really love the game and thats OK too. Again, I thought it was fun, if not a little ridiculous at times.

Crunch
                        I completely agree, MW2 is just sitting there right now which is a shame, oh well I guess BFBC2 :P

Comment

Working...
                        X