Gamestop Given the Go-Ahead to Sell Modern Warfare 2 Early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamestop Given the Go-Ahead to Sell Modern Warfare 2 Early

Activision has apparently given GameStop the green light to begin selling Modern Warfare 2 early throughout stores in the Northeast United States. The reason that select stores in the Northeast were granted permission? Apparently it was because to stem the sale of the game from various "mom and pop" stores that already broke the street date.
    GameStops in Northeastern states such as New York, Pennsylvania, and Ohio are selling Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 early, granted special dispensation from Activision due to street-breaking mom-and-pop stores.

Here in Atlanta we still have to wait until Monday's midnight launch to pick up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, but lucky folks in several Northeastern states are getting their copies earlier. According to a GameStop employee I spoke to in Bowling Green, Ohio, Activision granted certain area stores special permission to sell the game early, in order to stem the tide of lost customers picking their copies up early from local mom and pop stores.
    So, if you live in the Northeast U.S. you may be able to go pick up your copy of Modern Warfare 2 earlier than you expected. Keep in mind that your mileage may vary.

Re: Gamestop Given the Go-Ahead to Sell Modern Warfare 2 Early

Ahhh, This is why I hate living in Alaska.

Comment

Lucky peeps, anyone from those areas on the forums?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mountains
          agree

Comment

Why the H3ll would anyone want to buy this game, Even early! Can't get it working until the 10th anyways!

Comment

xbox people can.

Comment

friends who have preordered in austria got the game allready on friday. but they cannot activate it on steam :> so you are not missing anything if you cant get the game earlier.

Comment

I got the call from my local Gamestop Thursday that they where starting to sell the game FRI (Nov 6). I put $5 on the game at Gamestop months ago and yes I canceled.

-AB

Comment

I don't live on the East coast, but I find it hard to believe that these "mom and pop" shops broke agreement and caused leaking.

It doesnt make sense to release it in only one section of the US and not go ahead and release it in Europe where the leaks started last week.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

they are just trying to prevent people from canceling at the last minute.

i can tell you myself i've been on the fence about it and almost canceled handful of times already.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        they are just trying to prevent people from canceling at the last minute.

i can tell you myself i've been on the fence about it and almost canceled handful of times already.
                        Or some1 cant wait to buy his 5 mil $ house

Comment

Ohhh snap.

Maybe I'll pick up the Xbox version... wonder if the gamestop a few towns over has it.

Comment

got the game yesterday and I have been playing it on xbox live ever since. Said 11k users online. But I bought t from the gamestop in long beach California. They called me and told me to come get it yesterday hahaha... And yes, it awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              got the game yesterday and I have been playing it on xbox live ever since. Said 11k users online. But I bought t from the gamestop in long beach California. They called me and told me to come get it yesterday hahaha... And yes, it awesome
                              See, right there is proof that this early release to stop the mom and pop things is bogus.

Thank you for adding your comments and being as far possible as you can from the east coast

Anyone in Hawaii have it?

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                              X