Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Footage

Originally posted by Unclean009
    Awesome video. Is it just me or does this game seem a bit bright?
    The game has colors, not just the Grey Brown and Brownish Grey found in most games today.

It does seem interesting to me that they didnt just port over the Stinger skin from MW1 and use it instead of the Now able to destroy aircraft AT4.

Liked the video overall and i loled at the end. He threw SEMTEX a type of plastic explosive.

Do like how they have changed the sounds up and not just used the old ones from cod4.

Comment

Still not paying [stupid] amount of money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KC-10
        I do believe they have stated that there are no vehicles in multiplayer? If that is correct, then they had better bloody remove the AT4 and implement the FIM-92 at the very least.
        Cry Some More. They have an RPG in CoD4. I saw no vehicles, cept for helicoopter.

Originally posted by garandx
        The game has colors, not just the Grey Brown and Brownish Grey found in most games today.
        I've noticed, that games with vibrant colors and just a pleasing visual aspect usually get better reviews and more re-play value out of them.
        Such as CoD4, CoD2, BF2, TF2, CSS, and sadly i have to say WoW. But other games from the genre you will see are not as succesful.
        • CoD: WaW was very gray, not great reviews, and i just can;t play for long periods of time
        • BF: BF1942 is the only other contender but that was 7 years ago.
        • TF: L4D is the other big MP from VALVe and its so gray again i cannot play for lnog periods of time
        • WoW: I dont play so i would know

It seemes that grayer games, just loose they're value, cause i don't want to stare at your ugly *** bunker for an entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by thejeran
          • CoD: WaW was very gray, not great reviews, and i just can;t play for long periods of time
          • BF: BF1942 is the only other contender but that was 7 years ago.
          • TF: L4D is the other big MP from VALVe and its so gray again i cannot play for lnog periods of time
          • WoW: I dont play so i would know

It seemes that grayer games, just loose they're value, cause i don't want to stare at your ugly *** bunker for an entire game.
          OK, Im sorry, but your list and comments are totally wrong. CS:S has vibrant colors? What because of the skins you use or something because the CS:S Ive played wasnt vibrant.

WaW has some of the most scenic maps in any FPS game next to Crysis. Cliffside, Banzaii, Castle, and others have great foilage and water effects. Also, WaW got great reviews but stupid comments like "Its a mod for CoD4".

And you contradicted yourself on WoW.

L4D was a HUGE HUGE success. Its dark because all the missions are at night. I do agree that it is not vibrant, but it was successful.

Now maybe YOU prefer games with a ton of color or vibrance, and thats fine. Nothing wrong with that, but to say they dont hold the value or bad reviews is just false.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

LOL Crunch. Way to get at him. What appeared to be a well thought out response ended up being a complete FAIL. He got the "response" part right but forgot the "well thought out" part.

Comment

well hopefully the single player is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                Still not paying [stupid] amount of money for it.

£29.99 @ Game (in the UK)...... not too bad at all. I admit the consoles are WAY overpriced (£55.99 for PS3/360), but PC is a good price.

EDIT: PS3/360 now down to £44.99 @ Game

Comment

Originally posted by KC-10
                  I do believe they have stated that there are no vehicles in multiplayer? If that is correct, then they had better bloody remove the AT4 and implement the FIM-92 at the very least. Iglas and Strelas are not important, insurgents can get a hold of Stingers easily (although the IFF may be off putting).
                  IW has a habit of just reusing the SP weapons in MP, so I'd guess there might be an SP mission where you use the AT4. Then they were lazy when adding it to MP because there are no vehicles other than choppers, so they made the AT4 lock onto them.

Silly for realism reasons but it's just a skin really.

Comment

Originally posted by probe101
                    £29.99 @ Game (in the UK)...... not too bad at all. I admit the consoles are WAY overpriced (£55.99 for PS3/360), but PC is a good price.

Ya

Scandinavia is the same price for PS3/XBOX. For PC the price is £36

I may be a little off here, but :
                    Regarding the rocket launcher guy trying to hit the big plane - is it not just to show us that shooting it down does not work ? The plane shoots out the flares no matter what you throw at it...that's my take on the scenario :thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by Tsarcasm
                      I may be a little off here, but :
                      Regarding the rocket launcher guy trying to hit the big plane - is it not just to show us that shooting it down does not work ? The plane shoots out the flares no matter what you throw at it...that's my take on the scenario :thumbsup:
                      That could be, but there was only one shot at it and it cuts off showing if the plane was actually hit.

It could be that it has one set of flares and thena reload delay or its a sitting duck. Just not enough information to show if any of that is true.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Nice Puff the Magic Dragon(the Specter) plus the game video looks fantastic.

Sure the AT4 firing at the gunship looks hokey but you gotta have something to counter that thing. I do love the flares that drop once the missile is launched, too cool.

Still, I hope there are some more "open" maps, that one image of the AC130 lighting up what looked like the Shipment map from far away left me ill...

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                          well hopefully the single player is good.
                          Hopefully, its longer then the first one. Hopefully it's the length of Cod2. That was a long, and fun singleplayer.

Comment

Luckily in Singapore they place the same face value.

59.99 in the US, 59.99 it is here.

heheh.

Comment

I don't care how much I have to pay I just want it to be as good as the first one... The idea of having 15 different types of kill streak rewards is a bit daunting but time will tell..

Comment

Originally posted by probe101

Ah, just checked Play.com. In that case I'll wait for the demo to put my order in

What happened to the farce about PC prices being £50 then? Console prices are still a bit OTT I see.

Comment

Working...
                                X