• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rambo
    replied
    Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Originally posted by Arwing
    Dude Battlefield 3 is the sequel to the greatest FPS of ALL TIME, BF2.

BF3 is gonna be sick!!!
    I think your forgetting bf42 and bfV private:shakehead:

This would be great and make a new generation fan base but why are they making all the other crap then?money to burn?

Leave a comment:

• Arwing
    replied

Originally posted by Micster
    I'm quite surprised that the confirmation of BF3 would cause so much hope and joy around the forums.

Like any BF game, I'm looking forward to this one too.
    Dude Battlefield 3 is the sequel to the greatest FPS of ALL TIME, BF2.

BF3 is gonna be sick!!!

Leave a comment:

• Micster
    replied

I'm quite surprised that the confirmation of BF3 would cause so much hope and joy around the forums.

Like any BF game, I'm looking forward to this one too.

Leave a comment:

• imported_JayZ
    replied

OMG ! This seriously brought a tear to my eye! :cry::yay:

Thnx DICE! :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

• troybob
    replied

Originally posted by Arwing
    Dude, it has been officially confirmed

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6211809...dlines;title;1
    Um. They are just quoting what we already knew. If it's in the works then I'd be a VERY happy man. But I don't want to get my hopes up.

Leave a comment:

• Arwing
    replied

Originally posted by Webs961
    We will as soon as DICE says something or we have something more concrete. I too must agree with Whiskey on this one - we needn't jump the gun with too much speculation, otherwise we'll run all our energy out before we get anything too substantial. We wouldn't want that, now would we?
    Dude, it has been officially confirmed

During financial presentation, EA COO John Pleasants reveals DICE is already hard at work on a new installment in the shooter franchise, due sometime during publisher's next fiscal year.

Leave a comment:

• troybob
    replied
    Re: Battlefield 3 In Development

Originally posted by Whiskey
    BC2 probably won't make the calendar year, but if it hits store shelves before the end of March, then it will make EA's fiscal year.
    Fiscal years differ per company. I assumed EA's was the traditional July/August. I could easily be wrong. You say its March/April? I suppose I could look it up real quick as that info should be available to at least shareholders.

Originally posted by NGRU-Mobious
    He's the Chief Operations Officer for Electronic Arts... What the hell do guys think he does all day?

The sole purpose of his job is operations... Product... That's what they do: make and sell games. He reports directly to the President/CEO and Board of Directors on what it is that the company is doing.

Battlefield is one of EA's most successful franchises. He knows what's going on... It's his job to know what's going on.

What isn't his job, is marketing strategy.
    I hear what you are saying - but he is also human. When I was at Cisco, our COO came into our office and noticed our Content Services Switches and talked about how those localdirectors are coming of age. LocalDirector was the old name before Cisco changed it to "Content Services Switches".

So COO's can slip the tounge just as you say.

The REAL question is - did he slip by talking about an unannounced title? Or did he slip by calling BF:BC2 by the name of BF3?

Until something is official - it is absolutely impossible for us to tell. He's just a dude after all - so he could have slipped in either direction.

Leave a comment:

• Webs961
    Guest replied

Originally posted by RangerXML
    A friend and I are chatting about this right now and he asked what would be the difference between this and BFBC, only thing I could come up with was that BFBC was aimed toward consoles and BF3 was aimed toward PCs and pushing their limits.

*EDIT* Give us a BF3 section now!
    We will as soon as DICE says something or we have something more concrete. I too must agree with Whiskey on this one - we needn't jump the gun with too much speculation, otherwise we'll run all our energy out before we get anything too substantial. We wouldn't want that, now would we?

Leave a comment:

• rugerspur
    replied

i bet gvd is pissed lol

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

A friend and I are chatting about this right now and he asked what would be the difference between this and BFBC, only thing I could come up with was that BFBC was aimed toward consoles and BF3 was aimed toward PCs and pushing their limits.

*EDIT* Give us a BF3 section now!

Leave a comment:

• Arwing
    replied

Originally posted by JNK83
    I have to admit though......I am jealous and can only hope it comes to consoles. Even if it is a port with less players.
    Upgrade your PC stop playing with toys (consoles)

PC gaming is much more high end than what you get on consoles.

Leave a comment:

• RangerXML
    replied

This can only end in tears, either of joy or great sadness.

Cool, by then I should have my shiny new GT300 based video card, BF3 will look and play pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Arwing
    replied

Battlefield 3 has been officially announced

During financial presentation, EA COO John Pleasants reveals DICE is already hard at work on a new installment in the shooter franchise, due sometime during publisher's next fiscal year.

Though it helped put the military first-person shooter multiplayer on the map, Electronic Arts' Battlefield franchise has seen itself outsold by the Call of Duty series in recent years. Granted, 2005's Battlefield 2 was a hit--selling over 1 million units in the US, according to the NPD Group--as was its console spin-off, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, which sold 1.2 million units domestically on the Xbox 360, Xbox, and PlayStation 2. However, 2007's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was the overall best-selling game of 2007, and has sold over 8 million units domestically (according to NPD) and over 15 million units worldwide (according to Activision).

Battlefield 2 was a hit--will Battlefield 3 also find glory?
    Now, with the release of archrival Activision's Modern Warfare 2--developed by former EA employees at Infinity Ward--looming, EA is planning a comeback in the military shooter sector. Speaking at the William Blair & Company investor conference this week, EA COO John Pleasants revealed that, in addition to this year's sequel to the critically lauded, multiplatinum Battlefield: Bad Company, EA is planning a new installment in its core Battlefield franchise.

"We have a lot of IP in that [shooter] area, and we have not not noticed that Call of Duty has a significant share of that business," Pleasants told analysts during a question-and-answer session. "We are putting a real concentrated effort behind those titles. Battlefield happens to be one of them…I've had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE over in Sweden. I was highly impressed by the way the people were working on that product. That's not for this fiscal year [ending March 31, 2010], but that is a product that is looking very good."

After saying that the download-only Battlefield 1943 has been "selling well," he said the Battlefield franchise is "strengthening and moving to a service model, and it has multiple titles within it which we can lever off of, so I am bullish on the Battlefield franchise, but it's not our only title which we are hoping to gain share with in the shooter category." He offered the forthcoming third-person shooter Army of Two: The 40th Day as another title that would court shooter fans.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Goofy
    replied

Originally posted by BlindManOnTour
    BC2 will be around for a while before BF3 comes out. And anyway it will sell more on console than PC probably so I doubt BF3 will affect its sales dramatically. I personally will be buying BF1943, BFBC2 and BF3 and even BF4. Yeah, when's BF4 coming out?
    BF4! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/178289:salute:

Leave a comment:

• JNK83
    replied

Originally posted by BlindManOnTour
    BC2 will be around for a while before BF3 comes out. And anyway it will sell more on console than PC probably so I doubt BF3 will affect its sales dramatically. I personally will be buying BF1943, BFBC2 and BF3 and even BF4. Yeah, when's BF4 coming out?
    I have to admit though......I am jealous and can only hope it comes to consoles. Even if it is a port with less players.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X