• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iQue
    replied
    Re: Battlefield 3 Confirmed

Originally posted by Micster
    What I really want to know is how this will stay fresh compared to games like BF2 and BF:BC2.
    One of the guys at DICE made a blog post about how they had been discussing a new and innovative project a few months ago. People were all over his blog and the post was removed after just a few hours but maybe BF3 is that?

Leave a comment:

• Micster
    replied

What I really want to know is how this will stay fresh compared to games like BF2 and BF:BC2.

Consider how BC2 is multiplatform, there's a good chance BF3 will stay a PC exclusive, but who knows.

I doubt we'll get anymore info on this until at least next year, however.

Leave a comment:

• iQue
    replied

I think this will be a kind of bridge between Bad Company and the older BF games. I think that there's also a rather big chance it could be PC only, if they wish to have very high players numbers and still maintain some destruction the specs might be too high for consoles.

But who knows what DICE has up their sleeves... will be very interesting to see more news, and hopefully even pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Kylee!
    replied

Hey! Well what do you guys know, logged onto my twitter page this morning and bam.

"BattlefieldHQ: We can confirm that Battlefield 3 is currently in development but at this stage we have no further comments to add."

Only four minutes ago.

http://twitter.com/BattlefieldHQ

Ahhhh, I am so happy right now. :wee:

Leave a comment:

• =[MI5]=RJW
    replied

I doubt it will be realeased around the time of BFBC2 or no one will buy the PC version so its gonna have to be a year later than that i would think.....and if it is going for consoles too it should be a case of "Being realeased on THE PC! and then will also be on PS3 and XBOX"

Leave a comment:

• Cicchetti
    replied

Originally posted by Alex98uk
    Well, to be fair to Freak, all of the DICE staffs twitter pages have been flooded with BF3 info requests. All of them have said it officially exists, but that is about it.

I can't help but feel a little sorry for 1943, BC2 and Heroes devs knowing that their titles loom under the shadow of BF3
    Sadly those games will be filler until BF3 release for most of us. I think 1943, and Heroes will make great side games though. BFBC2 is more of a main game. I try to have a main game, and a side game or 2.

I will still enjoy them all, and appreciate the work that went into them. I will give them plenty of hours.

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

They may say it exists but isnt that sort of what we already knew?

The "hardcore" gamers were said to not have been forgotten suggesting there was such as thing as BF3 and i know a developer calling it "BF3" makes it a little extra special, it doesnt really tell us anything we didnt already know.

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
    Im still very sceptical, im not saying it isnt true, im just saying that UNTIL a press release is out confirming it, im not going to get too excited.
    Well, to be fair to Freak, all of the DICE staffs twitter pages have been flooded with BF3 info requests. All of them have said it officially exists, but that is about it.

I can't help but feel a little sorry for 1943, BC2 and Heroes devs knowing that their titles loom under the shadow of BF3

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

Im still very sceptical, im not saying it isnt true, im just saying that UNTIL a press release is out confirming it, im not going to get too excited.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Freakboy
    replied

Firstly:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:awes::awes::awes::awes::awes::awes::awes:

HOWEVER:

Still very sceptical until it if officially and concrete confirmed.
    You are kidding right? The whole DICE staff have confirmed it, I mean the WHOLE staff. What more do you need, I am guessing a press release will be out soon. EARS does not open till 8am PST, so will be a little while.

BTW... 400 posts! woot

Leave a comment:

• Cicchetti
    replied

Firstly:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER:

Still very sceptical until it is officially and concrete confirmed.
    It has been

Leave a comment:

• The_Eliminator
    replied

Firstly:

HOWEVER:

Still very sceptical until it is officially and concrete confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Freakboy
    replied

Originally posted by L85A1
    Yes , because the games teand to get watered down when the DEVS start thinking about console games , and I don't want BF3 watered down so it can be ported to the console perfectly or ported to the PC if that's what there are going to do.

I'm not asking for it to be only on the PC , but the PC version better be put before any other
    What I am saying is, if we get the game we want, what is the issue with the consoles getting it too?

Leave a comment:

• bob055
    replied

Originally posted by L3adcannon
    I bet it won`t be PC exclusive.
    yea it will, BF3 will be PC only i bet ya

Leave a comment:

• L85A1
    replied

Originally posted by Freakboy
    Does it really matter, as long as they give us the game we want?
    Yes , because the games teand to get watered down when the DEVS start thinking about console games , and I don't want BF3 watered down so it can be ported to the console perfectly or ported to the PC if that's what there are going to do.

I'm not asking for it to be only on the PC , but the PC version better be put before any other

Leave a comment:

Working...
X