Battlefield 1943: Pacific Officially Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 1943: Pacific Officially Announced

I like how the game looks,but the 24 player cap....Seriously come on,this is 2009 DICE.

Comment

the game looks great cant wait to play this on the PS3 along with BFBC2

Comment

Originally posted by solofowaffles View Post
        I like how the game looks,but the 24 player cap....Seriously come on,this is 2009 DICE.
        With the download (I guess it would be like $10-15) and no server browser, it looks like a less cartoony/softcore version of Heroes, not a "classic" BF game like BF2.

Comment

Many of us are looking for a game to replace BF2 in our tournaments. BF2Combat for example, is fun because its 30 vs 30 organized battles. Without a replacement for that, we will have to find a whole new game.

All of this console crap is a no go for that type of tournament.

Comment

DICE has said that they're working with 5 titles, Heroes, 1943, and BC2 are confirmed. Wait for the other two before you're so sure about BF2's replacement.

Comment

Lets look at this, BF was always a very successful PC franchise with BF1942 and its expansions and the follow up with on of the biggest successes of all time BF2 while the console versions were always mediocre at best. What would EA do to follow up BF2, why release a bunch of knock off console games and a free to play PC game which it has admitted is more targeted towards Asian markets and then port the console games to the PC in essence taking the worst aspect of there series and porting it to the PC, !

Might I add they are also developing a game marketed exclusively towards Korean gamers.

Battlefield Heroes (PC, download only, free)
              Battlefield 1943 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, download only, pay)
              Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Xbox, PS3, PC, hard media, pay)
              Battlefield Korea (unknown title and little info available only that it is confirmed)

and the 5th title in development is a sequel to Army of Two. Another thing that was know before the announcement of BF1943 was that there were 5 titles in development with a few unknowns which have all been revealed. There is a rumor going around that they don't want to start BF3 until they get things worked out with Heroes until they can get there new model for marketing (get the most money out of you to keep the game updated). I say screw all this and just start working on the BF series like an MMO and call it Battlefield, allow us to go to different theaters of combat, add famous battles from throughout the 20th century and have some fun with it. I am just frankly getting sick of this whole feeling around what is the most popular direction to take...here is a clue, Battlefield 2 was your biggest hit and Desert Combat was the most popular mod for a game EVER! Now give us BF3 already, COD is making you guys look like look like a joke.

PS. Now I'm waiting around for Mirror's Edge 2!

Comment

DICE doesn't make Army of Two, and they said five Battlefield titles in their announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                  DICE doesn't make Army of Two, and they said five Battlefield titles in their announcement.
                  Yes, and I'm pretty sure BF:BC was included in that list.

BF:BC
                  BF:BC2
                  BF: Heroes
                  BF1943
                  BF korean game

there's all 5

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                    Yes, and I'm pretty sure BF:BC was included in that list.

BF: Heroes
                    BF1943
                    BF korean game

there's all 5
                    I thought BF:BC was out before that statement was said?

Comment

• Re: Battlefield 1943: Pacific Officially Announced

All I'm going to say is, they have failed to excite me what so ever from both a game and mod possibility perspective, I can not see me even considering to buy this game..

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                        All I'm going to say is, they have failed to excite me what so ever from both a game and mod possibility perspective, I can not see me even considering to buy this game..
                        Keep working on PR then.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashiem View Post
                          I thought BF:BC was out before that statement was said?
                          If Battlefield: Bad Company and Battlefield Heroes aren’t enough to satisfy your war urges, surely you’ll find comfort in the news that developer DICE is currently at work on five new titles in the franchise. The Swedish developer, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts, confirmed the news during a keynote presentation at Game Developers Conference Paris […]

On top of the two games we already know about [BF:Heroes & BF:BC], one will be a core title to be released on consoles, and another a title that is being developed with Korean studio Neowiz -- which EA holds a stake in -- and aimed at that country's market.
                          We got details on four games. Two were already announced, and the other two (korean game, and console game) were said to be in the works. Then we all thought that the fifth game would be the "BF3" we all hoped for. Now the list is:

BF:Heroes
                          BF1943
                          Korean BF game

So, I guess they're done?

Comment

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Now we'll have to wait even longer for BF3, and more time with DICE doesn't mean more quality....

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis View Post
                              http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/06/...s-working.html

We got details on four games. Two were already announced, and the other two (korean game, and console game) were said to be in the works. Then we all thought that the fifth game would be the "BF3" we all hoped for. Now the list is:

BF:Heroes
                              BF1943
                              Korean BF game

So, I guess they're done?

/\ /\ /\ /\

Doesn't this pretty much put the nail in the coffin? I count 5 and there is no BF3.

Comment

i think BF:BC was announced before the 5 games thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X