Project Reality v0.85 Features Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality v0.85 Features Update

The Project Reality mod team has posted an update teasing their v0.85 release which will be available on Friday. Check it out:
    With the upcoming release date (Friday 23rd) drawing nearer, we feel that now is a good time to release some info about the features of Project Reality v0.85.

Project Reality v0.85 Manual
    As with with every release of Project Reality, [R-DEV]Spearhead has put together a detailed PDF Manual explaining all the new, and old, game play changes to accommodate both beginner and veteran players. This should make for some good reading material while you wait for your download to finish.

Taliban Faction
    In v0.85, the Taliban will take over from the Insurgents on all of our Afghanistan based maps. Gameplay wise, the Taliban will be similar to the Insurgents but with certain aspects of "PR Conventionalism". They will have Rally Points and the ability to request kits from weapon caches.

Chechen Rebels
    We've redefined the former "Militia" as the "Chechen Rebels". Upgrades include new kit load outs for both spawn and requested kits, as well as their very own Chechen Flag.

T-72 MBT
    With Project Reality v0.85, the MEC will be using the Russian made T-72. In a future release we plan to replace this with the T-72M1M, which is the modern export version of the T-72. Again, thanks goes to the United States Intervention mod from Black Sands Studios who have done a wonderful job on this tank.

PF-98 Heavy Anti-tank
    The PLA have finally received their own Heavy Anti-Tank weapon. The PF-98 is essentially a 120mm bazooka. Unlike the SRAW, or the Eryx, it has no guidance system. It can, however, be deployed quicker and still packs a deadly punch.

Full List of New Features in v0.85
    If you want to see the full list of new features including new weapons, vehicles, maps and gameplay changes, check out this Developer Journal post for it!

<!--more-->
    Project Reality v0.8 Server Release Information
    All server administrators with current licenses will be sent the Project Reality v0.85 server files as soon as they are available via the Licensed PR Game Server Admin CP. Those of you hoping to run new Project Reality servers must first complete a Project Reality server license application and become approved before you can get the server files so the sooner you do it the better since processing of your application may take some time.

Important note regarding 0.85 download options

As with the past several releases, we've been bombarded with requests for a 0.8->0.85 incremental patch. Unfortunately, we won't be able to provide one. This decision was made so that the development of Project Reality could be far more efficient. We've had problems with having incremental patches in the past which hampered bug fixing efforts and slowed down development. As such, we decided to go with a full install for the development of v0.85. Hopefully all of you with bandwidth limitations will be lenient with us for making this decision.

That's all from us for now folks, keep your eyes on the Project Reality site and forums for more information on the much anticipated v0.85 release!

- The Project Reality Team

Re: Project Reality 0.85 Features Update

yummy :O.

(btw, Elxx, the chechen pics are all linked to the same .jpg)

Comment

Originally posted by LeChuck View Post
      yummy :O.

(btw, Elxx, the chechen pics are all linked to the same .jpg)
      Whoops. Fixed, thanks

Comment

I second the "yummy!" This is shaping up to be an interesting weekend!

The focus on refining the OpFor is much appreciated and the screenies look AWESOME. Good times are ahead...

Comment

this made me cri in happyness.

Comment

I hope you guys like the Russians

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
              I second the "yummy!" This is shaping up to be an interesting weekend!

The focus on refining the OpFor is much appreciated and the screenies look AWESOME. Good times are ahead...
              hehe, and we are classing the next few versions we are going to make to focus on the OpFor even more

We have quite a few big goodies lined up for PLA, MEC and the rest of them still

Comment

ppl should read the full features list as wats shown in the firstpost is just the a small chunk. there are some amazing stuff going on

Comment

haha i m from chechenya pretty funny some1 coming up whit it because it s a war that russians is hiding from the world.

Comment

TALIBAN :laugh: Asks for more ALLAH AHKBAR in the chat

Originally posted by GeZe View Post
                    I hope you guys like the Russians
                    To be honest, it's the only reason I'm going to download the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                      hehe, and we are classing the next few versions we are going to make to focus on the OpFor even more

We have quite a few big goodies lined up for PLA, MEC and the rest of them still
                      hmm, i smell lots of chinese apcs/ifvs + the ztz99 mbt :salute:

Comment

There are very few Type 99's to be honest. I would go for a Type 96 MBT for the Chinese, as far as I know it's their most common tank.

Comment

I do not like tow missile nerf or not being able to get some kits from SL bag

Comment

I've just read the change list and why in Gods name is the pilot kit without any weapons? I'm sure no Huey pilot leaves without his sidearm. For jet pilots I could understand this but pilot kit is universal.

Comment

Originally posted by [130.Pz]W.Fuchs View Post
                              I've just read the change list and why in Gods name is the pilot kit without any weapons? I'm sure no Huey pilot leaves without his sidearm. For jet pilots I could understand this but pilot kit is universal.
                              yes its realistic for a pilot to have a defence weapon.

BUT by giving the pilot kit a pistol ingame made them play very unrealistically.

in real life, if you are a pilot and get shot down, behind or not behind enemy lines, your main objective is to get back to base.

In PR, this is not the case, if a pilot got shot down and managed to bail out behind enemy lines, there first thought is not "which is the best rout to take to get back to base?" no, its "where can I go to do the most damage with my teh 1337 pistol!"

Also not to mention the fact, many players also used the pilot kit just so they could parachute behind enemy lines and take out firebases etc.

The change is to bring realistic gameplay in by yes, doing a unrealistic thing. Now a pilot's only option if he gets shot down is to do the realistic thing, return to base.

Comment

Working...
                              X