Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch Fix Information Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 1.5 Patch Fix Information Released

DICE sent us some more specific information regarding the forthcoming 1.5 patch. Here is what they had to say:
    A few months ago we announced Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 was in development, but so far we have been quiet regarding the content of the update. It is time for us to reveal some of the features the update will contain! The priority for us in this update has been to secure Battlefield 2 against a number of attacks against the game.

We have spent time looking into the attacks and implemented short term solutions with the help of GameSpy to limit the impact of stats padding and leaderboard abuse. Other issues have been found to be game and server based, which is where Update 1.50 comes in. what Battlefield 2 1.50 will contain a number of security updates, including the following:

Server crashing – We have worked with the issues causing servers to crash, which has caused problems for the community (especially those who rent ranked servers).

Name/ID spoofing – Extra steps have been implemented to ensure the soldier being used belongs to the right account.

Commander assets – This is to stop the excessive spawning of multiple crates, UAVs or vehicles.

More information on Update 1.50 will be revealed as we approach the release date!

Expect more info very soon, so stay tuned to Total Battlefield.

Re: Battlefield 2 1.5 patch fix information released

Set em up

Comment

Interesting, however none of those problems have really affected me, but I can understand how they can be a pain for some people.

Comment

really? it seems like every time i join a server lately some one is doing the comander hack where 30 Humvees come floating down

Comment

I really hope they add some content aswell, those things have never effected me...

Comment

Release the patch guys! Thats all we want!

Comment

if this is all it brings...i wil be one happy gamer

and i am being serious

Comment

All that stuff is great, but I play on well admind servers - thus I don't see it often. As was said, new content, aircraft balancing, new maps maybe... that would be nice.

Comment

I hope they'll anounce new maps too !

Comment

I'll hold my thoughts till I see a larger list. I'm still happy that they are coming back after sometime has passed and putting time into a 3 year old product. I'd love for them to add more content or allow some community maps in though. Spice it up with something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
                      Server crashing – We have worked with the issues causing servers to crash, which has caused problems for the community (especially those who rent ranked servers).
                      this is also a major problem in bf2142, a reason i stopped playing. servers constantly crash and it totally sucks when you are in the middle of a butt kicking round. i hope they fix it for 2142 as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                        this is also a major problem in bf2142, a reason i stopped playing. servers constantly crash and it totally sucks when you are in the middle of a butt kicking round. i hope they fix it for 2142 as well...
                        I would imagine they may implement it on both games as the back end code is roughly the same in the two.

Comment

yeah but there hasn't been any talks of another patch for 2142...

Comment

I wish they'd lower the amount of players to start a round.

Comment

Originally posted by [21CW]TinyTim View Post
                              All that stuff is great, but I play on well admind servers - thus I don't see it often. As was said, new content, aircraft balancing, new maps maybe... that would be nice.
                              Well it's definitely going to make life easier for us server admins.

Comment

Working...
                              X