Call of Duty 4 v1.6 Patch Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call of Duty 4 v1.6 Patch Released

i downloaded from TGF central usa server, it went slow for me at 1st because the internet was bad in the morning because of the storms and flooding here in southern ohio. other then that the patch went fine.

i love all the new maps, i really like the big one um with the valley and all the trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Battl3fr0nt
      *snip*
      CoD games have always been about CQC on small maps. I doubt they would change that now.

Patch working great, no crashes or anything. GG IW

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spawndemon View Post
        Although earlier than expected, the v1.6 patch for Call of Duty 4 has now been released to the public.
        Is there a source for this news? IW has yet to post anything official about the patch. From what I've read, this is a leaked patch and lots of servers are crashing with it. I'm not updating my clan's servers until something official comes from IW.

Comment

Yeah I can see most people didnt have trouble, Im just giving a heads up thats all. I hope I can get it working, the maps look kick ***.

Comment

what about the New killcam, even tho i dont play on servers with it i wanted to check to out

creek is a sniper haven, and when sniping on broadcast is pretty fun 2

Comment

Originally posted by Sike View Post
              what about the New killcam, even tho i dont play on servers with it i wanted to check to out
              People need to start reading back a few posts...

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
              Remember, 402 mentioned a few weeks back that a major bug with the new kill-cam was one of the things holding up the patch. They probably couldn't fix it in time, and decided not to delay everything any further (thankfully).

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                People need to start reading back a few posts...
                I must be the only person here that didn't realise they were working on a new kill-cam were it features and benefits over the current?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
                  I must be the only person here that didn't realise they were working on a new kill-cam were it features and benefits over the current?
                  Consoles got it a few weeks back, and there was an announcement that it would be coming to PC as well, before the problems showed up. Basically, you no longer see things from your opponent's view, but instead the cam is at the front of the weapon used against you (ie. nade cam, rocket cam, claymore cam, etc). Kinda cool, but I don't know how useful they'd be...I think I might prefer the old one.

Video: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Tt9Q9t8Wu8[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
                    Is there a source for this news? IW has yet to post anything official about the patch. From what I've read, this is a leaked patch and lots of servers are crashing with it. I'm not updating my clan's servers until something official comes from IW.
                    The map pack announcement is now official (and uses the same download link from Nvidia as was previously given): http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/sit...1NQ==&req=view

NVIDIA Sponsors Free Variety Map Pack For PC
                    06-05-2008 | Written By: Charlie Oscar Delta Staff

Great News Charlie Oscar Delta!

New battle zones are emerging on the Windows® PC Front! Last, but certainly not least, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack for Windows PC is available online now. Sponsored by NVIDIA, the Variety Map Pack is available for download absolutely free of charge!

Just like the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, The PC Variety Map Pack will feature all four new downloadable maps: Broadcast, Chinatown, Killhouse and Creek.

Download it now at nZone
                    : http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_ca...downloads.html

Comment

Meh. The killcams are all fancy stuff. But there is still no sniper killcam. The fact that your hiding spot is given away..

Comment

I have the steam version and no update yet so i went and did this. It was from steam Fourms.
                        OK SO IT IS 6-5-08.. And steam did not up date so i had to look for a way to update the steam version i got. and i got a how to frome the steam forumshttp://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=689717
                        SO now i can test the servers i got with the new maps.
                        206.196.124.78:28960 <MNU>MeNotU 1.6-MAPS
                        208.167.234.94:28960 <MNU>24-7Bog-Shipment-killhouse
                        ---------------------------------HOW TO: DO AT OWN RISK---------------------
                        * 1. Download the Patch. For example here:
                        http://www.chip.de/downloads/Call-of..._29567538.html
                        * 2. Open up the Console
                        Code:

Start -> Execute -> cmd

and type:
                        Code:

regedit

on Windows Vista the UAC will appear.
                        * 3. Navigate on to if you use XP or Windows Vista 32bit:

Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Activision -> Call of Duty 4

on Windows Vista 64bit it is:

Code:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Activision -> Call of Duty 4

* 4. Rename the Key
                        Code:

Digital Distribution

to
                        Code:

NotDigital Distribution

* 5. Execute the Patchfile
                        * 6. Rename the Key again back to "Digital Distribution"
                        * 7. Enjoy the Multiplayer of COD4 1.6

Thanks to all how have contribute to get this working. Only Posting this because there are now 5 Threads with this Instruction broken over many Pages.

ATTENTION:

Use this Registryhack on your own Risk - but in fact there is not much that can happen!

If Steam releases their own Patch the worst what could happen is that you have to reinstall COD4 - but i dont think so.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------THANK THANK YOU redlabour
                        FROM http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=689717
                        ************************************************** ********
                        HOPE IT HELPS GLAD I GOT RETAIL 2 STEAM = SLOW.

Comment

Linux server files have now been released. I've submitted a News post about it, but if anyone needs them sooner, go here: http://www.infinityward.com/communit...7245#msg597245

Comment

Steam version now released: http://www.steampowered.com/v/index....&id=1610&cc=US

Comment

Twice now my game has crashed after having completed a match on Chinatown.

It happened to most everyone on the server, I thought it was just me.

This happened on the Falcon server, HC.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Comment

its the steam overlay

disable it

Comment

Working...
                                X