Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Content Update

Wow!! That is the F***ing GREAT!

I just love it to see EA/DICE is still supporting BF2!! Great job!
    Thumbs up!

Comment

Looks like the Chinese are helping out the MEC

Comment

Excellent, looking forward to this this evening

Comment

Ok, dowloading now, i probably misseed it , TV2 is the server this mapp will be on? or any others??

Tanks:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by [DICE]CKMC View Post
            I asked the TV2 guys to wipe the ban lists.
            You've got some lightmapping issues on the map. The crate with boxes at MEC main near the runway does not cast a shadow on the ground. No big deal but I did notice while flying that the sunflare is coming from the ground. So I guess someone while in the editor, chose sunflare direction from camera lol. There is also some grass/weeds close to the arty on USMC side that only shows from one direction....don't know how that is possible but it does disappear.

Needless to say....glad to see you guys finally released a desert map that looks like the desert. For that....GOOD job and thanks for thinking of us fans with a freebie.

Comment

I'm wondering when DICE will start listening to the people who pay their paychecks, and not the people who sign their paychecks.

New maps are nice and all, but maybe you should work on the game a bit more?

I mean it was great to have aberdeen, coral sea, and caranteen on bf1942; simply because bf1942 was a well balanced and robust game.

You failed with BF2. You folks at DICE can all wag each others tails and convince yourself that you've made a great game, but it's not up to you to decide. It could be a great game, but for me its entertaining at best between the unbalances and bugs.

Sometimes I wonder if folks at DICE ever actually play their own games.

Comment

Originally posted by opc_tim View Post
                Ok, dowloading now, i probably misseed it , TV2 is the server this mapp will be on? or any others??

Tanks:salute:
                16 servers running this map in 4 countries as of this post:

14 are ranked servers:

Comment

This is highly unexpected...

Comment

4gig ram + this map = fun
                    cant wait till more usa servers get full, i was getting 150+ pings at the most populated servers up so far but still had a blast

Comment

This is one good looking map and very fast paced.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob View Post
                        I'm wondering when DICE will start listening to the people who pay their paychecks, and not the people who sign their paychecks.

New maps are nice and all, but maybe you should work on the game a bit more?

I mean it was great to have aberdeen, coral sea, and caranteen on bf1942; simply because bf1942 was a well balanced and robust game.

You failed with BF2. You folks at DICE can all wag each others tails and convince yourself that you've made a great game, but it's not up to you to decide. It could be a great game, but for me its entertaining at best between the unbalances and bugs.

Sometimes I wonder if folks at DICE ever actually play their own games.
                        Agreed, a new map is nice and all(and completely unexpected) but I'd rather see another patch be released

Comment

So basically instead of supplying an extra map as an attempt to redeem their Biblical screw up on this game, DICE decided to earn some extra money by giving Intel a chance to advertise on a new map, since they only have had the opportunity in BF2142.

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred View Post
                            DICE decided to earn some extra money by giving Intel a chance to advertise on a new map
                            just noticed the billboard in the screenshot above.

that's some underhanded sh*t right there DICE.

you failed big time on this game.

Comment

Is it better to fail and provide us a map (regardless of their intention, good or bad) than to not and not provide us a map?

Plus, this implies that there could a patch/update for this game

Also, it was originally designed for Battlefield 2142 which already has in-game advertising to begin with. Maybe DICE added those ads to follow up their strategy for BF2142's multiplayer and we're just along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
                                Agreed, a new map is nice and all(and completely unexpected) but I'd rather see another patch be released
                                why another patch? There isn't really alot wrong with the game as it is now. If they do patch lets hope its only for small glitches and improved client response and loading time. I DO NOT want to see anything changed for Gameplay as its Perfect the way it is.

Also I have a download link up at Rapidshare which is on the level3 so it should be very fast!

enjoy!

Originally posted by Dethred View Post
                                So basically instead of supplying an extra map as an attempt to redeem their Biblical screw up on this game, DICE decided to earn some extra money by giving Intel a chance to advertise on a new map, since they only have had the opportunity in BF2142.
                                and this is fine if they want to put Intel on the billboard in game.. it keeps the damn map free vs having to buy a expansion pack.. jesus people! :shakehead:

Comment

Working...
                                X