• What music do you like to hear...

when playing BF2?

Basicly, I have 5 Albums that I like to listen to when playing:

Devildriver: The Fury of our Maker's Hand
    Lamb of God: Ashes in the Wake
    Aeon: Bleeding the False
    Sepultura: Chaos A.D.
    Black Hawk Down OST

Anyone else listen to music as well when playing? Sometimes I swear it makes the game just that much cooler.

Re: What music do you like to hear...

i don't listen to music when I play unless I'm drunk. But when I do, Atreyu get's me pumped for some killing. Chevelle's good, some BTNH, Triple-6-mafia, and some Old school Deftones.

Comment

I usually pop one ear bud from my Ipod in my ear as I play since I dont want back ground programs runnin nor do I like to have the stereo on..one ear bud for music, one ear for battle sounds.

My current track list is a shuffle of...

All Tool CD's...not much off of 10k days tho..alot of Lateralus. I play Tool more then anything, love um.
      Nine Inch Nails..assorted tracks, heavy stuff usually like March of the Pigs.
      The Mars Volta..alot of Deloused, some of the new leaked album.
      Chevelle, some tracks are good..some to pop.
      Cog, some aussie band..some good songs.
      Deftones, assorted crap.
      Some rap..none of the new pop rap tho, good stuff like Wu-tang, old Nas, Raekwon/Ghost, Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy.

Comment

Lamb of God: Ashes of the Wake
        Slipknot: Iowa
        Trivium: Ascendancy
        System of a Down: any album handy
        Chimaira: Pass Out of Existence
        Deftones: any album handy
        Slayer: Seasons in the Abyss

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
          Some rap..none of the new pop rap tho, good stuff like Wu-tang, old Nas, Raekwon/Ghost, Eric B and Rakim, Public Enemy.
          Back when rap was rap and not a puppet show right, right.

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
            Back when rap was rap and not a puppet show right, right.
            I hate to turn this into a lets bash rap music..but..
            Disco + 80's Hair Metal all turns into....

4XXXL size shirts, gold teeth, giant medalions, videos with strippers, videos withmillion dollar cars and "rappers" whos personal life sell my record then there actual skills..

One day you'll look back at how commercial and petty the music was and go "WTF was I thinking" same way I feel abou tknowing I owned Def Lepard Albums and my Mom thinking about when she had an afro and platforms..

Hopefully rap can do what rock did in the early 90's with grunge, re-invent and go to the roots, go past selling there "look" and actually selling there music and lyrical skills.

Comment

i like to listen to metallica on my ipod/SLVR when i'm playing

Comment

Iced earth: Horror Show
                Pantera: Cowboys from Hell
                Metallica: Master of Puppets
                Sacred Reich: The American Way
                Exodus: Shovel Headed Kill Machine

4XXXL size shirts, gold teeth, giant medalions, videos with strippers, videos withmillion dollar cars and "rappers" whos personal life sell my record then there actual skills..

One day you'll look back at how commercial and petty the music was and go "WTF was I thinking" same way I feel abou tknowing I owned Def Lepard Albums and my Mom thinking about when she had an afro and platforms..

Hopefully rap can do what rock did in the early 90's with grunge, re-invent and go to the roots, go past selling there "look" and actually selling there music and lyrical skills.
                ... +1 :rock:

Comment

i think you're confused dude. I don't listen to any rap that was made after 2002 because that's when it really started to become commercial and focused on the same BS in life that 99% of the public can't relate to myself included. The rap I grew up on and still listen to is stuff like jsut about any Wu-tang and wutang member solo albums. Bone Thugs N harmony, Old school three-six-mafia (the stuff all the way up to "when the smoke clears") Old skool TRU and Master P, Youngbleed, Nas, AZ, the Firm, Eminem's first album, Just about any 2pac because he died before the BS, The list goes on forever, but thats a taste of what I feel was real with rap. Like you however, I do dearly hope for a revival of the realness and authenticity that spawned the genre. The rap that comes out these days is a disgrace to what was once something unique.

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                    i think you're confused dude. I don't listen to any rap that was made after 2002 because that's when it really started to become commercial and focused on the same BS in life that 99% of the public can't relate to myself included. The rap I grew up on and still listen to is stuff like jsut about any Wu-tang and wutang member solo albums. Bone Thugs N harmony, Old school three-six-mafia (the stuff all the way up to "when the smoke clears") Old skool TRU and Master P, Youngbleed, Nas, AZ, the Firm, Eminem's first album, Just about any 2pac because he died before the BS, The list goes on forever, but thats a taste of what I feel was real with rap. Like you however, I do dearly hope for a revival of the realness and authenticity that spawned the genre. The rap that comes out these days is a disgrace to what was once something unique.
                    no no , i was agreeing with you..just pointing out what you me and a selct few see..
                    off topic story..was at a park with my son today..car pulls up with a guy and his kids..were same age, mid-20's..now the crazy thing....
                    He pulls up with his kids in the car with his car shaking with a song about..strippers shaking there a$$ses and killing "niggas"..
                    all i can say is WTF?

Comment

Coheed and Cambria
                      AvengedSevenfold
                      Killswitch Engage
                      All that remains

Comment

no no , i was agreeing with you..just pointing out what you me and a selct few see..
                        off topic story..was at a park with my son today..car pulls up with a guy and his kids..were same age, mid-20's..now the crazy thing....
                        He pulls up with his kids in the car with his car shaking with a song about..strippers shaking there a$$ses and killing "niggas"..
                        all i can say is WTF?
                        Yea man, Morality is unheard of nowadays. In my day people atleast had the decency to bump Bone Thugs N Harmony-East 1999 because didn't matter who you were you weren't gonna be able to interpret half of the lyrics anyway. Any Bone fans know what I mean.

Comment

Rap/Hip-Hop is in a revival man, maybe its not totally mainstream yet, but its getting there. The "****sta" rap has been around since the late 80's (No member of N.W.A. had a police record until after they were famous), but people are catching onto it.

PS: My personal favorites are Biggie (who doesn't like him?), Masta Ace, and the Fugees, but I love hearing from Cunninlynguists and Talib Kweli as well.

Comment

I don't listen to music while I game, but I did, I'd be listening to the greatest musical force in the history of space-time: Wu-Tang Clan.

Comment

i dont want music when im playing. i want to hear the wind blowing, i want to hear the chopper making that chugga chugga sound, i want to hear the tank threads rolling i want to hear the enemy footsteps behind me thinking to stab me while i quickly turn around and STAB HIM instead. i w a n t t o h e a r t h e e n e m y s a y "OMGWTFHAX!" =)

Comment

Working...
                              X