No More Battlefield 2 Patches Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No More Battlefield 2 Patches Planned

Well all I can say is, I dont care for vanilla at all. I rather look forward to all these great mods

Comment

wtf we still play

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
        Oh another note, is there anything to the rumor that they were at one time going to allow other maps to be played on Ranked servers? I just say it because there is allot of awesome maps out there that simply don't get played.
        Nope, that would take some actual effort from Dice/EA. Not going to happen anymore

I was really hoping that Alternative Battlefield Ranking would take off. They could've had a unified system tracking peoples' stats across a bunch of different mods (in addition to vanilla). It's still certainly possible...

Comment

Typical EA leaving all their products full of ( WATCH FILTERS) bugs that some people still hoped would get fixed someday. O well, I guess we can expect this kind of thing from them after 3 Battlefield games.

Comment

Everyones getting excited over what we already knew. I personally know that EA/DICE does'nt owe me s*it! I have had hundred hours of the best online gameplay of my life for every 5 mins of crappy bugs. I only feel for the mod makers. Wish they would get more support.

Here's hoping they learn from the mistakes they have made and make BF3 the shizzle!

Comment

you would think these server companies would have gotten on EA's *** a little more , because alot of their money is going to be lost in the long run.
              what a pitty this could have (should have) been 1 of the best multi-player war games yet !

PLEASE NO BAD WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm more surprised that no one has corrected Titus on the Desert Combat/Desert Conflict thing yet. LOL

But yeah, we're looking forward to F:FOW as well. So much in fact that we've assembled a second team to mod for that game along side DCon.
                www.projectsawafi.com
                Eventually I'm sure the BF2 side of the team will learn to mod for Fuel of War, but for now, there's a lot of work left for us to do on this side.

Comment

We should start an event where nobody should play bf2142 and everybody should play bf2, to show them, that bf2 is atleast same important than bf2142.

Comment

look on the bright side guys, ecleast DiCE Canada aint going to be braking even more of BF2 like they normaly do with there patches

Comment

I'd really like to be able to make a constructive post, but I just can't.

The whinging in this thread isn't going to accomplish anything, and the 23 months of whinging up until this point has accomplished exactly 0% of anything.

Harassing EA about dropping BF2 is just another case of beating a dead horse. We all knew support was dropped for BF2, like, almost literally in 1.3. It took what.. 80 days or some crazy crap for them to fix their game? And even then it was for nothing other than saving face.

I'm enjoying playing supcom, and wait patiently for COD4 (a decent call of duty, we hope), instead of bitching about this game.

To summarise my thoughts entirely: BF2, and it's community, stopped being relevant when DICE left these forums.

A long time ago.

Comment

I’m glad they got rid of the ‘red bug’, at least.
                        I remember when I killed a sniper 3 times in a row (with my knife). I was so excited about the easy knife kills. :laugh:
                        Poor guy, I realised he is in my team only after he was complaining about it in chat.
                        After that I asked him 3 times for forgiveness …

Comment

Originally posted by Batausu View Post
                          I’m glad they got rid of the ‘red bug’, at least.
                          The red tag bug still exsitis, its just less common. Also please note, that bug was made by a patch

Comment

This is really no suprise, but gentlemen, it could have been much worse......we might have been left with 1.3.........

Truth to tell, I have only bought 1 game since BF2 was released (other than Special Forces) and that was Company of Heroes. I've given BF2 a good nudge (http://bf2s.com/player/46178098/), and I'll still keep playing on. The mods still to be released will keep BF2 on peeps HDD's for along time to come (Forgotten Hope and my fav's Allied Intent and Australian Forces)

Been playing games for along time and I'll rate this one as one of my favourites. Diablo 2 runs a close second.......

Hail to the King, for the King is dead..........

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Elxx View Post
                              More power to them! They're the guys that got screwed over by EA when Dice was bought out...I hope to see them kick some *** in the next few years with an awesome game or two.

Really though, I think we all figured as much about the patch. Hilarious to see that BF2142 is actually dying faster than BF2 though

However, I don't see this as a reason to jump ship from BF2. People are clearly still playing and the modding community has some past, present, and future work that will keep BF2 on my hard drive for a long long time to come. Well, at least until BF3

Wrong Group......

The guys that got screwed went on to form KAOS studios, they are making FRONTLINES:FUEL OF WAR, these former employees this speaks of made redjade...

Comment

We should start an event where nobody should play bf2142 and everybody should play bf2, to show them, that bf2 is atleast same important than bf2142.
                                Actually there are more people playing Bf2 than Bf2142 if these stats are correct.:

Comment

Working...
                                X