Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No More Battlefield 2 Patches Planned

It is sad news!
    Well, I guess it could be worse... EA could be pulling the plug on the Ranking (Tracking) system and using it for a new game.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1 View Post
      Nothing NEAR as bad as what BF2 has suffered....
      You are kidding... Have you played Battlefield 1942 from 1.0? I highly doubt you have, but if... Do you remember how 1.0 worked?

It didn't, 1.1 had to be released before people could even play...

Battlefield 1942 had much more troubles than Battlefield 2, but at this moment BF1942 is quite descent, BF2 still isn't.

Comment

Well at least we can talk about here on this fourm. On the OFFICAL NEAZI fourms their just locking anything about patchs or anything related to bf2 problems. EA DOING WHAT THEY DO BEST PRICKS

Comment

Originally posted by SaUrOn View Post
          You are kidding... Have you played Battlefield 1942 from 1.0? I highly doubt you have, but if... Do you remember how 1.0 worked?

It didn't, 1.1 had to be released before people could even play...

Battlefield 1942 had much more troubles than Battlefield 2, but at this moment BF1942 is quite descent, BF2 still isn't.
          exactly, BF42 had problems, but the majority were FIXED (eventually) BF2 has had the SAME bugs since it started and the only thing that patches have done were create new ones, and bring horrible imbalances into the game, and now d(EA)ice is abandoning it all together in its sad state to focus on a game that the majority of the community didn't want in the first place....even still there support for that one is crap.

I'm sorry but no matter how sorry a state BF1942 was in when it was first released doesn't change the fact that its a pretty solid game now, which is more then can be said about BF2.....

Comment

Lol, good news. Now, all I`m waiting for is the rank, stat tracking to be disabled. They won`t keep doing it forever, costs too damn much.

Comment

You should all feel comforted to know that Crysis is an EA published game....just as BF2 was.

The rabbit hole runs deep.........

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
                You should all feel comforted to know that Crysis is an EA published game....just as BF2 was.

The rabbit hole runs deep.........
                They only do the distributing, they don`t have any say in development. Why do people keep thinking they do.

Comment

Well thats DICE/EA all over ist it, when in doubt run away. All i can say is i really hope the guys that a forming their own studios teabag DICE repeatedly until they die.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                    They only do the distributing, they don`t have any say in development. Why do people keep thinking they do.
                    DICE developed BF2....and EA was the publisher.

DICE developed 2142....and EA was the publisher.

Crytek developed Crysis.....and EA is the publisher

EA has one thing in mind as the publisher....make money.

Do you seriously think that DICE was guided by EA to focus on bug fixes while expansion packs were being developed? No expansion pack has been free. Patches don't generate income for EA.

Is it any coincidence that there aren't any API's in DX10 that prevent it from working under WinXP yet it's Vista only? And to enjoy Crysis in it's fullest, you need DX10 hardware. Every major Battlefield release has coincided with major graphics card releases. So to enjoy Crysis, you'll need not only new hardware, but hardware that is compatible with a new OS while at the same time, BREAKING other games that used to work in an older OS.

The bottom line is that we are at their mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws View Post
                      DICE developed BF2....and EA was the publisher.

DICE developed 2142....and EA was the publisher.

Crytek developed Crysis.....and EA is the publisher

EA has one thing in mind as the publisher....make money.

Do you seriously think that DICE was guided by EA to focus on bug fixes while expansion packs were being developed? No expansion pack has been free. Patches don't generate income for EA.

Is it any coincidence that there aren't any API's in DX10 that prevent it from working under WinXP yet it's Vista only? And to enjoy Crysis in it's fullest, you need DX10 hardware. Every major Battlefield release has coincided with major graphics card releases. So to enjoy Crysis, you'll need not only new hardware, but hardware that is compatible with a new OS while at the same time, BREAKING other games that used to work in an older OS.

The bottom line is that we are at their mercy.
                      If you gonna choose a publisher, EA is the smartest choice, cause as we have all seen, they know how to make money.
                      Crytek ain`t that ****ing stupid like DICE was to let EA take over just like that and **** the game up.
                      They have the final say, not EA, just like with Half-Life 2.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                        Crytek ain`t that ****ing stupid like DICE was to let EA take over just like that and **** the game up.
                        They have the final say, not EA
                        Fair enough.

But do you have any prove to backup that statement?

Why do you think Crytek isn't as stupid as DICE, which facts bring you to that argument?

Comment

Lets face it EA is like any othere big company out there the first and foremost important item on there list when it comes to releasing a game is "how much money are we gonna make out of this"..

I mean lets face the facts they bring out bf2 its bug filled thousands of people fill many forums with rants about all the bugs do EA really listen to a single argument , i personally dont think they do but i know there will be some out there that say the contrary .

Then 2142 is released and hey presto even more bug more rants on forums and what do they do the exact sh=ame as they did with bf2 .

Money is the object that EA runs there house by and thats never going to change.

I can only pray and hope that MOHAA when its released isnt a bug fest but you know its going to be bring on COD4 LOL...

Comment

Fair enough.

Why do you think Crytek isn't as stupid as DICE, which facts bring you to that argument?
                            Cause they didn`t let them license sh*t, but now that ubisoft let them go (stupid arses) it`s only a matter of time when EA finally get the hold of the cryengine, basically everything. By then, Crysis will be long released and I won`t give a s*it anymore.
                            EA knows he f*cked up with BF2, they will do their best not to f*ck up this time, just to be trusted again, so they can f*ck up some other time

EA will take over, but not while Crysis is in the works.

EA needs a slap in the face, a big one, like a big *** case that they would surely lose, maybe then they will stop messing around. Sadly, that will never happen.

Comment

as EA said when he saw what he had done:
                              "I have become the destroyer of games.....but i dont give a sh!t because iz gots the money!"

Comment

Fair enough.

All my hope stems from this one interview - http://www.obsidianedge.net/index.ph...d=93&Itemid=48

this one line to be exact-

21.The gaming industry is rife with rumors that some publishers will hinder the growth or even existence of a Modding community as a means to ensure a market for their own expansion packs. This seems directly opposed to Crytek’s previous policy; are EA and Crytek in accord on the support you are showing for modifications?

answer-

Crytek and EA are absolutely on the same level of modding support.

Its a small hope yes, but a hope nonetheless, that Crytek wont take any sh*t from EA.

A faint glimmer in the abysmal darkness that is EA...hopefully, eventually, this faint glimmer will blind us with its light, a light wich challenges that of even the sun.

Or something like that.....

Comment

Working...
                                X