No More Battlefield 2 Patches Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Battlefield 2 Patches Planned

The guys over at DigitalBattle have posted up a new article today stating that no more patches are planned for Battlefield 2. Have a look:
    According to ex-DICE employees, there are no more patches planned for the bug-filled multiplayer shooter Battlefield 2. The former DICE members, who now formed their own studio, said via a forum release that patch 1.4 (released last November)was the last BF2 patch, and that all forces at DICE are focused on Battlefield 2142, which is, unfortunately, just as bug filled as its predecessor.

EA and DICE hasn’t mentioned anything about a patch ever since the last one, over six months ago. And they will probably never reveal that no further patches are planned, since that’ll take away the last hope BF2 players have. Since there most likely won’t be an announcement, this will technically remain a rumor forever, just as BF2 will technically remain a bug filled game.

Sad news to hear but I think everyone expected this for quite awhile now.

Re: No More Battlefield 2 Patches Planned

Lmao...

Comment

lawl pont....

I assume Red Jade is the former Dice Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spawndemon View Post
        The former DICE members, who now formed their own studio...
        More power to them! They're the guys that got screwed over by EA when Dice was bought out...I hope to see them kick some *** in the next few years with an awesome game or two.

Really though, I think we all figured as much about the patch. Hilarious to see that BF2142 is actually dying faster than BF2 though

However, I don't see this as a reason to jump ship from BF2. People are clearly still playing and the modding community has some past, present, and future work that will keep BF2 on my hard drive for a long long time to come. Well, at least until BF3

Comment

tear, i was just coming back

Comment

So now you all know I was right when I accused that EA Forum moderator who claimed there was a big announcement coming of being full of ****.

(just need to get an I told ya so in there)

Comment

Well I think it's sad ya, but the game is still amazing and completely playable. Every game has it's bugs, and some would argue that their favorite game is "bug ridden" Oh well, what do you expect? Its big business now I think they did a pretty good job getting rid of most of the nasty bugs and helping balance the game. I've said it before, there's nothing out there that even compares to the BF series!

Comment

Originally posted by Defeatest
                Well I think it's sad ya, but the game is still amazing and completely playable. Every game has it's bugs, and some would argue that their favorite game is "bug ridden" Oh well, what do you expect? Its big business now I think they did a pretty good job getting rid of most of the nasty bugs and helping balance the game. I've said it before, there's nothing out there that even compares to the BF series!
                Agreed - However my disappointment lies in the fact that we'll never know how great it really *could've* been.

Comment

Surprise, surprise.

Oh well, it could have been a lot worse. We shouldn't hold such high standards for these people.

Comment

lol im not surprised.... but hey all the bugs/ glitches is what keeps us server admins busy

Comment

DICE is goin nowhere fast.

Comment

Doesn't BF1942 still have bugs? :|: :laugh:

You find a solid game, bugless, i'll be really surprised.

Comment

so how am i supposed to bix my frequent loss of connection to a server?
                          then again that could be because i have AOL and a hardwired router *kick*

Comment

Originally posted by David Champion
                            Doesn't BF1942 still have bugs? :|: :laugh:
                            Nothing NEAR as bad as what BF2 has suffered....

Comment

Originally posted by David Champion
                              You find a solid game, bugless, i'll be really surprised.
                              Yea I play the whole HL series and cs 1.6/cz/source have their own problems, but that's a whole nother ballgame, and not even related to this game.

Just reaffirming ur comment X-)

Comment

Working...
                              X