Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 2 v1.4 Patch Released

Originally posted by shafik
    You've all payed 50$ for this game, which is about... what, 2 nights out? A nice Dinner? A couple of movies at the theater? Now think how much entertainment value you got for your money. Don't use the "I payed 50$ for this!" arguement. It's meaningless.
    My words Excactly!!!

50 bux really aint NoThIng for this and the time ppl spend palying it...but ofcourse you want it to work and if it doesn't ofcourse you get pissed off...I mean it's sick if you wouldn't get pissed off. Not sarcasm.

Comment

I guess i'm the only one that still loves this game!

.. in fact, im gonna play some wake island right now!

Comment

WE have spent more than the initial $50 on this game. My entire system as it stands now was built around Bf2 (which made obsolete most of OUR systems last summer). I dare say I've spent well over $6,000 on the best hardware, not to mention the monthly broadband costs (which I did not need for anything else). You're right, we shouldn't use the "$50" argument; most of us have spent far more to play this game. Besides, the principle is the problem here: we were promised a stable product with every patch, and they did not deliver. Yet they are sweeping this unfinished game under the rug with one hand, and pushing their drugs with the other. Shameless.

Comment

Since there was so much retarded stuff beeing posted in this thread i couldn't read all of it, so if the following was already posted i'm sorry....
          Some peeps asked about PoE2 and if it works with the patch 1.4, it does....

Heres a snippet from the poe-frontpage that will hopefully calm down some of u.....

With the release of the 1.4 patch for Battlefield 2 we have discovered a compability issue with the current PoE2 version. Anyone trying to join a server running 1.4 will get a modified content error and get kicked. However, we have already fixed this and a download link for servers running PoE2 is listed below. Please unpack the files to your mods/poe2 folder on your server to apply fix.

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS AND LINUX SERVER FIX FOR BF2 1.4 HERE (1,77 KB)

I myself stopped playing Vanilla a long time ago....who cares about it anyway???

Indy

Comment

Originally posted by deRougemont
            WE have spent more than the initial $50 on this game. My entire system as it stands now was built around Bf2 (which made obsolete most of OUR systems last summer). I dare say I've spent well over $6,000 on the best hardware, not to mention the monthly broadband costs (which I did not need for anything else). You're right, we shouldn't use the "$50" argument; most of us have spent far more to play this game. Besides, the principle is the problem here: we were promised a stable product with every patch, and they did not deliver. Yet they are sweeping this unfinished game under the rug with one hand, and pushing their drugs with the other. Shameless.
            Had an AIW 9800 Pro with a 1.8 GHz AMD Sempron and 1 gig that ran the game perfectly and had no problems whatsoever before I got an X800 GTO just a month ago.

This folks is an example of a user just throwing money at a problem and I have seen threads/posts like this before.
            I built my machine 5 years ago on budget parts and it stills charges full speed through every game. I like the analogy of the user who bought a Ferarri but he does not know how to drive a stick shift.

You might want to spend $21 for a course at your local community college on computers or maybe even visit one of the many free hardware enthusiasts sites to see the new batch of problems with drivers/hardware which contribute to game problems.

rage3d.com for ATI
            guru3d is one of the best
            nforceshq.com

Begin reading and have fun learning how to maximize your experience.

Comment

So what if you spent money to upgrade for BF2. Now that you have those upgrades your computer is now ready for future games. Either way you would have spent the money and you always will. Just because the game doesnt work sometimes doesnt mean it deserves to get bashed. And yes im speaking from experience. I own BF2 and I have enjoyed it just the same as any other game. I see alot of these post about problems and how dice sucks. Unfortunately its a fad once one person starts bashing everyone does.

Comment

Downloaded the patch.works fine so far on BF2, POE2 ,OPK and USI...I havent used all weapons on the servers so i dont know if anything has been broken but i know that the POE2 team have released a server patch so i know there are no issues with that mod.

Comment

When the news that v1.4 was released i thought 'great'. I was expecting the new patch to resolve the issues of the CTD thing and the continuous "your connection to the server has been lost" message. In v1.3 this message would appear 3 times before i actually got round to playing.

So i installed the new patch and when i joined the server, no message! I thought yes, its fixed. 2 minutes later, i've been disconnected but just without that dreaded message. I then get a CTD half way through loading a new map.

I try SF. None of the normal problems. Except this time, the maps features arent fully complete with large black patches of where the detail should be and also its not possible to zoom as the weapons are a big blob of black. And the scoreboard is facked. Replacing each character is now a black blob. Still finished round. Then instead of going to final scores guess what?... another CTD!

What have E.A been doing all this time. Didn't they actually test it out before it got released? Probably not. They're too bothered about the release of Battlefield 2142, which i will add, will not be buying because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                    Finally !!!! I wanna try IO Wake lots of walking ahead lol
                    Off topic, but I'm going to steal your avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Jap1987
                      So what if you spent money to upgrade for BF2. Now that you have those upgrades your computer is now ready for future games. Either way you would have spent the money and you always will. Just because the game doesnt work sometimes doesnt mean it deserves to get bashed. And yes im speaking from experience. I own BF2 and I have enjoyed it just the same as any other game. I see alot of these post about problems and how dice sucks. Unfortunately its a fad once one person starts bashing everyone does.
                      YEAH EA DOES NEED TO BE BASHED. OTHER GAME CREATORS HAVE DEVISED WAYS TO STREAM UPDATES AND PATCHED RIGHT INTO THE GAME DURING LOAD INTO SERVER. (STEAM)

OTHER GAMES RUN FLAWLESSLY (SWAT, FEAR, CSS, DOD2, HL2)

OTHER GAMES DONT CHARGE FOR MAPS AND MODS (SWAT, FEAR, CSS, DOD2, HLS)

OTHER GAMES WORK ALL THE TIME.

OTHER GAMES DONT NICKLE AND DIME YOU TO DEATH AND STILL FAIL TO DELIVER WHEN PROMISED.

I ENJOYED BF2 ONCE UPON A TIME...I THINK BACK TO ABOUT 1.2 PATCH.

DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THEY CONTINUE TO MILK YOU FOR YOUR MONEY WITHOUT FIXING SERIOUS PROBLEMS?

DONT YOU SEE THAT THERE ARE STILL SERIOUS ISSUES WITH THE GAME ENGINE, NOT TO MENTION THE ANTICHEAT MECHANISMS THAT DONT WORK, YET THEYRE USING IT AS A PLATFORM TO MAKE THE NEXT BIG MONEY SUCKING GAME?

I SAY BOYCOTT EA ALTOGETHER AND MAKE THEM FIX THEIR PHILOSOPHY ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE GIVING THEM ANOTHER DIME OR ANYMORE CREDIT.

AND FOR ALL YOU EA A$$KISSERS HERE. GOOD LUCK WITH 2142. YOU WONT SEE ME PLAYING IT.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
                        Had an AIW 9800 Pro with a 1.8 GHz AMD Sempron and 1 gig that ran the game perfectly and had no problems whatsoever before I got an X800 GTO just a month ago.

This folks is an example of a user just throwing money at a problem and I have seen threads/posts like this before.
                        I built my machine 5 years ago on budget parts and it stills charges full speed through every game. I like the analogy of the user who bought a Ferarri but he does not know how to drive a stick shift.

You might want to spend $21 for a course at your local community college on computers or maybe even visit one of the many free hardware enthusiasts sites to see the new batch of problems with drivers/hardware which contribute to game problems.

rage3d.com for ATI
                        guru3d is one of the best
                        nforceshq.com

Begin reading and have fun learning how to maximize your experience.
                        You are obviously a lackey DANK. Enjoy the bugs, you deserve them.

Comment

Originally posted by deRougemont
                          EXACTLY.

and as far as the other posters who snivelled about my computer problems and swearing, PC problems? I dont have PC problems, im a work at home computer tech, can you say that? This game has problems. And as far as cursing, if you've never cursed once in your entire life then you can correct me. otherwise STFU.

Comment

I tried download the inc from the Fileplanet link. IT WAS THE WRONG VERSION!!! I got the beta patch. Be warned. I downloaded it around 17.00 GMT

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
                              Stop using big bold letters and going on a rant; you have lost all credibility and get no respect.
                              Does it make you feel good that you can sneak in the curse words; mods should ban you for being an immature brat who cannot handle his cursing.

There are a bunch of 64 player servers packed and I enjoy talking to all the gamers online so your argument is minute; too bad you have your problems and have to relieve yourself this way.

Stop including the word "WE" when there are 21,000 people on-line right now. You do not represent the majority of the community or anything higher than a double digit percentage or close to it.

You are a fool if you think CS:S had a seamless launch with no problems and that steam has never caused any problems. I read all the forums in the steampowered.com and they are filled with problems with Steam and not being able to even get to the game. A lot are user error and these people would rather make a new thread than search or have some patience to solve it. F.E.A.R is a poor example to compare and has had its share of problems; small enclosed areas and shader problems but it is nice to have for free but I would not buy it because it is repetitive and I have CS:S.

People shouldn't have to pay to be testers? Once again features are being added and resolved; stop exaggerating the problems as I have been seeing people like you for awhile on other game forums(steampowered) and the game goes on while these people live in their own little world with their own ways of approaching problems.

LOL ...... ignore the problems...thatll fix it. NOT. 21,000 users vs steams 170,000 users, ok youre the majority...take a math class.

Ive had absolutely ZERO problems with CSS / HL2 and zero problems with FEAR. Infact the only game that ever given me a case of the redass has been BF2. Im a work at home computer tech, I fix problems others cant fix for a living. So when you can say that then you can bash my computer related skills. I for one know when Im getting a raw deal. too bad youre in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Supertech
                                LOL ...... ignore the problems...thatll fix it. NOT. 21,000 users vs steams 170,000 users, ok youre the majority...take a math class.

Ive had absolutely ZERO problems with CSS / HL2 and zero problems with FEAR. Infact the only game that ever given me a case of the redass has been BF2. Im a work at home computer tech, I fix problems others cant fix for a living. So when you can say that then you can bash my computer related skills. I for one know when Im getting a raw deal. too bad youre in denial.
                                HL2 has a huge user base and is a much more massively sold in stores and over all better gameplay in some aspects than BF2; do your math in percentages on games sold . It is pointless to argue that and have you ever read the steampowered.com forums when they were releasing/testing Steam and than the big push came to use it only. Personally I liked CSS/HL2 and think of it as one of the Top 10 games ever along with BF2 but better.

Do you remember the infamous live steam patch released and than stopped after a couple thousand downloaded it which caused terrible problems with connecting.

Yah that is right if Steam stopped working you could not play your game and that drove so many problems in. Have fun waiting in line for a support ticket, hahaha. They eventually worked the problems out and now Steam is a superb program that offers so many options; even though I never had any problems with it in the beginning besides the bad patch release.

Had occasionaly CTD once in awhile but sorted most of it out through adjusting things; but hey whatever just whenever you look at the green Live status next to my name saying that I am in-game shooting/knifing/landin on and running over I guess me and the other 25,000 currently on right now will be in denial.

Comment

Working...
                                X