Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battlefield 2 v1.4 Patch Released

Originally posted by pennybags
    You change your video drivers? Try betas? Try chip manufacturer?

Ive done the lot, new vid card drivers, mobo drivers, sound, IDE-SATA ones, even AMD's CPU patches (uninstalled - reinstalled) ive messed with em, reinstalled em, even went as far as buying another copy of bf2 (incase it was disks) and wiping HDD,
    giving a clean install of OS + BF2 > full 1.4, no joy, was up untill 3:30am :cry:

The 1.2 patches work fine, -1.3>1.4 kill my machine, i dunno if its todo with mobo / gfx cards being from same manufacturer or what?

Dual/single card it makes no difference multiplayer just wont have a go, gives a comlete lock up everytime.....

Strangly single player does work ok :S

No before yas ask, it aint my FW/Router causing it, and ive done manuall reinstall of PB.

Guess ill wait for 1.5

Quake Wars ftw......altho i loved BF2 nagdammit, but i aint been able to play a single minute since the release of 1.3 :cry: :laugh:

Originally posted by DesertFox
    The more I read these forums, the more I think its not EA/DICE but yet the BF2 community.

We want patch 1.3 right now, we want this fixed NOW. so they try and get it out to use quick what happens? Bugs/CTD's

WE WANT INFANTRY ONLY NOW
    Patch 1.4 is released with IO
    NO ONE WANTED IO, BRING BACK THE VEHICLES FFS

That about sums up the community.

WTF? :laugh: IO is an OPTION......meaning it can be turned off lol

As for it not being EA/DICE and just the flaming - whinging community....well yeah because for some of us 1.4 makes things worse, if ya didnt have a problem with 1.3, then your more than likely to be ok on 1.4.

As for getting the patches out quick? Ive not been able to play at all for whats going on for 2 months, No way in hell thats a quick fix,
    The only other game I really play is EVE online and when their patches fail (which they do) they have it fixed within 12 hours, and give hourly updates, and thats a game that has a single 50,000+ player server/game world

Originally posted by shafik
    The patch works fine, changelog is accurate, new map is there and works, delay is a good change, everything is alright with the world. Can't believe this is a 7 page thread.
    Changelog aint accurate, servers still crash, theres still CTD and im still suffering from a "rare graphics crash"

Comment

My Very First Post for BF2:

---------

1. I'm ranked as Captain, halfway to Major
      2. Have played Bf2 since the first week it was released
      3. Posted to vent...

---------

Take on 1.4 patch while playing on "WAR IS HELL" server:

1. Experience CTD on first round playing 1.4 (on Jalalabad)
      2. Server crashed two times within 2 hours of install/playing Jalalabad, Daqing, Mashtuur
      3. Minigun not fixed
      4. Engineer repair points not balanced
      5. F35 not balanced

EA/DICE......

What are you thinking?...that reducing C4 throw would (per 500 MB patch) pacify vetern Bf2 players?

End of the day: BF2142 will not be bought by this NON-consumer whore....

Sincerely,

deRougemont

Comment

now i have to literally kiss the tank to get the C4 on, and by the time i get the first on, the bloody thing drives awile a little, and the second misses?

and what did happen to the changes the community wanted?

loads of good ideas in hte feedback section that have been there long enough to be implemented. yet i'v checked as best i could and prone to crouch delay was not mesntioned.

Comment

Originally posted by TeLe-LoE-
          I HATE with a passion the delay from crouch to standing. It is soooo unnecessary.
          It was necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha_Lima
            QFT, couldn't have said it better myself.

And it's not about being "fanboys" for anyone, it's about having realistic expectations of $50 software this complex, and allowing ourselves to enjoy it even if it's not flawless.
            Well, thats the thing. If you look at it as only $50 dollars out of the $100,000 you have, I can understand what your saying. Now if I had paid like $10 for this game, I wouldn't be as mad. But I and ALOT of other people paid good American, Euro or whatever $$$ for this game. These people have made there money and they still had over a year to fix ALOT of these problems. And they still haven't. I paid $25 for CS:S and HL2 and they update all the time. BF2 is a perfect example of people not having there SH!T together and poor management. I feel this game tho isn't as bad a BF:V, is still pretty poor as far as bugs. Now had this been a free game I wouldn't be saying this. Had this been a free game they would have fixed everything. Mod support hasn't been there like they promissed it would be. This whole idea of "ranked servers" is a scam. Everyone is pissed cause these's issue's have been around since 1.2. They have had plenty of time to find a fix but they haven't. Now, yeah I don't control work flow at DICE. But considering how bad there name is being bashed over this tittle and they aren't dedcating more resource's to get it fixed faster and fix right is killing me. They are going to have to patch it again. Someone at DICE either got fired, or needs to get fired, and it needs to be fixed. I paid my hard earned money.

Comment

God, are you there?

Are you there God?

Are you listening?

Please fix Bf2 1.4...it is obvious that the mortal man is incapable of such a thing. Save our game, bring it to life!!! The infidel (EA/Dice) must be crushed under your wheels! The bugs must be made to cower when your quickening trumpets sound! :cry:

Comment

Preach it to me-nah! Tell me the truth-ah! A-men-nah! Can I Get A A-men-nah!

Comment

Just installed the incremental and played 4-5 hours no crashes no problems nothing its all good here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis7170
                    Just installed the incremental and played 4-5 hours no crashes no problems nothing its all good here.
                    Dude...DUDE, PLEASE let me know what server you're playing on!!!

It is blessd-ah...It is Hoooooooly-ah!

Why-ah?! Because Satan has cast his spell over my 1.4-ah!

Lol, no but really. What server are you playing on that is crash free? I will be there!

Comment

beta was fine to me, so 1.4 full also. come and join our crash free server at

Comment

Just installed - 1.4 works great. Login times are still under 5 seconds, load times are halved, games works great, very stable.

The big thing I noticed was that upon exiting, I can actually get into another program within a couple of seconds - it used to take upwards of a minute for my computer to open anything.

Nice job Dice.

Comment

The patch worked great for me, played about an hour last night, no problems, played the new map, no problems. Played a 32 player Sharqis no vehicules, it was awesome, it was the smoothest round of BF2 I've EVER played. No lag at all.

Comment

Well played for a little longer and found that, although no CTD's for me or server crashes, My anti tank rocket went thru 3-4 hummers. I must have had 2 vehicles run over my c-4 that I detonated and they lived(buggys that is).
                            I shot at a sniper who was prone against a wall, with a TOW. It landed 6 inches above his head and he lived. Nades seem to have less impact for sure. COntinuous sound loops. Started server as basic rank. Thats not fixed. Man o man this still needs work. But I'm patient

Comment

1.4 has given me no problems, and the new map is great.

DICE said it was going to make this patch MOD friendly, an they did. The changes needed to make a patch for 1.4 were small and most MOD teams should be able to do it in less than a day. We had a patch for our CTF mini MOD within hours, and POE2 was able to do the same.

I hope DICE continues to keep the MODs in thier thoughts with updates, and my hat goes off to them for that.

Comment

First impressions of 1.4

1. I played 3-4 hours only. But it was a crash free 3-4 hours with smooth gameplay on a server with around 40 players.

2. The new map is a good map.

3. Infantry only (IO) is fun. But sucks on bigger maps (unless u are a fitness fanatic).

4. Arty is the same. Vehicle drops ride the wind a bit & cannot land on some buildings.

5. Arty doesn't exist on IO maps. Same with vehicles. The sprint distance is very good cos u need it. On the new map, the first flag is a good 30-40 seconds away.. & that's with nike trainers on.

6. Bunny hopping is there with bells on.

7. Going prone was not an issue for most.

8. Still too many unsquadded players who have no concept of teamworking & what the game can provide when played in a squad (warnings, support, free teampoints).

9. City maps like Sharqi have their spawn points too far away if played in IO mode.

10. It's Sniper heaven.

11. My favourites refresh button seems to work ok.

12. Still a few minor bugs about.

13. Too many uncalled for fixes. The daft crouch thing.

14. A lot of maps will suffer a distinct lack of infantry badge hunters now. Why spawn to a tank or chopper killing u, when u can spawn virtually risk free.

Conclusion so far - It's not perfect yet. Far from it according to some posts here. But it's a massive improvement over that crappy 1.3 patch that we suffered unnecessarily for soooooo long. Shame on u :cry: . However, it's a very positive boost for the game & well overdue.

Comment

Working...
                                X