Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Originally posted by Sir. firezip
    This is a complete waste of my time. EA isn't going to fix anything. FPS is going to drop even more and there will be even MORE bugs/glitches than in the last patch.
    Dont be a wuss.

Download, install the beta and play it.

Post very specific issues you find into the sticky designed just for reporting beta issues.

Everything you can do will help IMPROVE YOUR Experience and everyone else's.

So. Less Whine, more Beta time.

Comment

I think its great EA/Dice are letting us all test the new patch, befor it going live (being run on ranked servers).

Players have always said that the beta tester's dont do there job, now EA/Dice are giveing us all the opportunity to beta test, to try and make everyone happy

Comment

Heyy! I have started a local dedicated server, you'll find it in the browser "Patch 1.4 Beta < <NBF> >"
        I just wanted to test the new map, and it filled up in 2 minutes! LOL!! :laugh:

Ooh! btw... here is the changelog:

================================================== ==============================
        Battlefield 2â„¢: V1.4
        ReadMe File
        June 30, 2006
        ================================================== ==============================

Patch v1.4

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
        enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
        to artillery.
        - C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
        - A prone->crouch delay has been added.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
        - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
        - Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
        - Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
        - Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
        - Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
        - Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
        - Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
        - Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
        - Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching
        weapons.
        - Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
        - Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
        - Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round
        on ranked servers.
        - Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
        - Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
        - Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has
        spawned in during the preview round.
        - Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server
        if the server host is kicked and banned.
        - Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
        - Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods
        - Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug. heh! ROFL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Miller
          Considering how buggy their final releases are I can't imagine a Beta. I'm not even gonna touch that sh*t, It'll probably give everyone hepatitis.
          lmao... tru dat.... hahaha this should be the quote of the day

Comment

I JUST reinstalled everything on my system. I don't want to mess things up (again) Plus, I have kids, so I have no patience. Maybe they should try and make future beta's run as mods if its even possible. Include an installer that allows for reverting to your previous version?

Comment

Originally posted by =CC=Serpentor
              I JUST reinstalled everything on my system. I don't want to mess things up (again) Plus, I have kids, so I have no patience. Maybe they should try and make future beta's run as mods if its even possible. Include an installer that allows for reverting to your previous version?
              i agree.... i know alota bout computers, and i still dont wanna do this. Even though im dieing for the new patch

Comment

Originally posted by =CC=Serpentor
                Same thing as I said. Run it as a mod at least, I mean, come on D.I.C.E. . We don't like it or want it anymore, I want my 1.3 patch to at least gain some RANKED points.

By the way people, the "Road to Jalalabad" map is freaking awesome!(In my opinion)

Comment

Is it just me or have they not fixed the most important bug in 1.3, the CTD when clicking 'join game'?

The amount of times i've broken my mouse due to frustration is amazing.

Comment

I also am wondering.... are the servers Ranked....... and do u still need to reinstall the game to go back to the 1.3 patch??? if not can somone tell me and everybody else how to do it so we dont have to reinstall the game.... it took so long last time and i dont want to do it again...
                    Thanks

Comment

well i like the changes. I just played in a server with DICE guy. He was cool and aswered our questions about the patch. He was there to see our thoughts on it so far.

::EDIT::
                      Its only unranked not ranked.

Read this and follow the directions:

Beta Disclaimer

Greetings!
                      By taking part in this BETA you are accepting the risks related to the use of non-final code. EA & DICE are not responsible for any harm caused by the use of these files. EA will not provide customer support for any issues related to the use of any BETA related files. Any issues experienced during the use of these files should be reported to the EA Battlefield2 forums.

Helpful Tips:

Installation steps to protect your original BF2 install:
                      Beta Installation

1. Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
                      2. Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Copy”
                      3. Right click anywhere away from this folder and choose “Paste”
                      4. Once the copy has completed, you will have two folders named “Battlefield 2” and “Copy of Battlefield 2”
                      5. Install the patch 1.4 beta, then start the game as normal

When you wish to switch back to the release version of BF2, use the following steps:

1. Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
                      2. Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Rename”
                      3. Rename the folder to something like “Battlefield 2 Beta”
                      4. Right click the “Copy of Battlefield 2” folder
                      5. Rename the folder the “Battlefield 2”
                      6. Start the game as normal.

The shortcut will run BF2.exe from whichever folder is named “Battlefield 2” and both installations share the same registry entries.

Using the above steps will negate the need to completely uninstall and re-install whenever you wish to switch from the retail version to the beta version and vice versa.

Feedback & Bug Reporting: There will be threads hosted on the EA forums in which you can provide your feedback on the 1.4 patch. Please direct all feedback to these lists and not to customer service. Customer Service will not provide support for any Patch Beta issues. We are eager to receive your feedback on this patch beta!

Communicate in game: When playing in one of the BETA servers make sure to communicate any issues you see to others in the server. This will allow you to quickly discover if the issues you experience are unique to you or not.

Screenshots: It is extremely helpful to our development teams to be able to have a visual reference for any issues or feedback you provide. Whenever possible please provide a screenshot with your bug reports or feedback.

Crash Logs: If you experience a crash please check your dmp file located at: C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Dmp. Report your crash in the Official EA Forums and be prepared to provide the dump file if requested.

DX Diag report: For any technical issue experienced we may need you to provide your system spec and driver information. All of this can be gathered by selecting the ‘run’ option in the start menu and entering “dxdiag” then pressing Enter.

Comment

Originally posted by simon1973
                        This is good news all round. Not only for the members who play online but also for good server admins and E&A as well as Dice.

EA and DICE look forward to working with the community to ensure this next patch is a solid step forward for the Battlefield Franchise. I only hope that this caring comment continues and that most of the nasty bugs have been found and few new ones created.

Well done

Why are some people still bitching on about the patch it is a beta if you have any idea or clue to what caused the faults then i suggest that you downlaod the beta and put forward the faults you have encountered and stop this ***** on about how s*it the beta is or patch. I have suffered from drop connections, Crash to Desk Top all sorts of problems. So beta test it and stop bitching on. But, at a guess people who go on how rubbish it is and how cr*p it is will say the same for the new patch as they did not put forward issues that effected them.

Sorry I went on.
                        AMEN BROTHA!

Comment

OMFG! still nothing on the j10 inbalance, i think there must be some j10 whores paying them to not see it as a problem

Comment

This game keeps getting ****tier with every passing patch. Can't wait until Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is released so I can leave this noob filled crap of a game behind.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Joker

This game keeps getting ****tier with every passing patch. Can't wait until Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is released so I can leave this noob filled crap of a game behind.
                              Why wait? You can leave now... we won't miss you, not in the slightest.

:laugh2: :hi:

Comment

I'm reading how people won't install the patch due to laziness, don't wanna break something. Truth is how is sh*t gonna get fixed when you aren't helping them pinpoint the problems...install it try it, if you can't connect, game crashes, if they have enough people reporting this they might do something about it. If they have no one reporting this...what do you think is gonna happen? its gonna get overlooked and your gonna be in here crying about how it didn't fix your problems...

Comment

Working...
                                X