Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Originally posted by Keyelite
    First off, ive decided that the infantry tweak isnt all that bad (Alot of it has to do with the amount of lag you have). There is a balance right now.. your able to manuver a bit, and your able to kill a bit more.. focusing more on COVER and TACTICS (Something we all forgot about). But i think this is all that needs to be done to the infantry aspect for a long time.

The new map is actually not that bad at all, and i would suspect it being very fun. A fusion of karkand attack style and mashtuur's openness.. looking like a favorite to me

The new infantry only option is going to be real fun.. Not having any tanks to worry about.. you are able to work on your weapon skills and infantry combat. In my opinion, infantry combat is the best aspect of BF2.

If that's what you want then maybe you are playing the wrong game. Go get Counter Strike or something, not having to worry about tanks etc means no thinking and having to think about what you are doing is the best aspect of the game.

Could someone describe how the infantry tweaks feel while playing?

Comment

Originally posted by scarywoody
      I think we are all doomed. Did you guys read the feedback/issue reporting threads?
      More whine than a french cellar? Yeah I saw. Seems those forums have an extremely high noob factor (did they put that forums url in with the pizza hut deals or something ). People were saying they were getting confused just downloading the patch!!!

My God have mercy on our souls!

Have aonyone played the infantry only option? So no cars, nothing with wheels/tracks at all? If so they should replace the AT round with some other main weapon as its pretty point less apart from a slow guided sniper killer.

Comment

Yea AT should really get a new main weapon, or the class should be removed entirely for infantry maps. I only found the PP19 and the MP5 handy for ranges no longer than 6 meters

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonking
          Im not going to wast my time being a guiny pig...
          It's fun being a test-object :laugh:

Originally posted by Shadow Knight
          Yea AT should really get a new main weapon, or the class should be removed entirely for infantry maps. I only found the PP19 and the MP5 handy for ranges no longer than 6 meters
          If you know how to use it... it's a killing machine :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Kooper
            More whine than a french cellar? Yeah I saw. Seems those forums have an extremely high noob factor (did they put that forums url in with the pizza hut deals or something ). People were saying they were getting confused just downloading the patch!!!
            People do have the right to come with their opinion. I respect others opinion and what the say about a buggy game. Its typical behavior of a costumer that are not happy about a product they bought.

And its not a official patch. Its just a beta.

And plz don't use the N word. Its like speaking down to ppl which is acually degrading towards those you call (N-word).

To the topic: I wait untill they release a final 1.4 patch.

Comment

what is the minimum amount of players needed in a ranked server changed to??

did they upped or downed it?

Comment

woa woa woa does this mean if i download it now that i can wait to install it when it becomes a public release will the patch be the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooper

My God have mercy on our souls!

Have aonyone played the infantry only option? So no cars, nothing with wheels/tracks at all? If so they should replace the AT round with some other main weapon as its pretty point less apart from a slow guided sniper killer.
                  Most intelligent thing I've seen so far... I was shot down saying they should at least have Civy Vehix' with no mounted guns for some mobility if they do keep it but, some nub said it was a bad idea

I see the "IO" mode being real nice or 16 person maps but the 32 or 64 sized ones needs some mobility, in the form of a civilian vehicle or FAV with no mounted guns.

Comment

First of all, I'm happy generally with the 1.4 beta, the map Road to Jalalabad.

I think the infantry only setting is messed up though. It should simply be no vehicles, no commander, that's it.

"Damage decrease – Prolonged gunfights that allow players to make decisions under fire. "

We are not retarded We can make decisions under fire as it is, without the change.

Comment

I wish they would make an option to turn off all the spam is chat window like "i need medic ememy spotted ect.." We can just use the map!You never can chat with anyone cuz the spam is so bad you miss what players are saying.
                      And an option to turn off voices too please.

Hope that 2142 doeshave these options.

Comment

Originally posted by $kelet0r
                        you *******
                        No one is meant to be playing it - you are meant to be testing it, trying to break it by any and all measn necessary
                        Else this will be just as I feared a complete waste of time
                        Please make me eat my words in this thread - I was the only dissenting voice then and I hope I am very wrong
                        http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79895
                        Not the only one

Comment

new map sucked.. wasnt that fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave972
                            I wish they would make an option to turn off all the spam is chat window like "i need medic ememy spotted ect.." We can just use the map!You never can chat with anyone cuz the spam is so bad you miss what players are saying.
                            And an option to turn off voices too please.

Hope that 2142 doeshave these options.
                            That would be great.:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Technikal
                              Ironic isn't it...To complain about whiners, technically you have to be one to be able to complain confusing isn't it
                              ROFL!! :laugh:

Go through my xxx number of posts, then you'll see i'm not a whiner!

Comment

Open beta = Good
                                Fact that its still broken = bad

Comment

Working...
                                X