Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Community Update - 7/5/06 (1.4 Beta Patch Released)

Originally posted by pall_over_you
    Jalabad: Cool! For all the 10 seconds I played before CTD!

It also did not fix my sound issues. I get the sounds from two-three players all at once.
    I would really bet that your sound issues are your drivers/soundcard/or sound settings, not the game.

Comment

See, this whole patch idea is *great* for EA/Dice!

Not only do they get the community off their backs for all the 1.3 issues they introduced but they also by themselves a considerable amount of time for free while they release "new versions" of the patch - you know, until it is "official."

Ha, a bunch of magicians working in the studios I see... nice trick on the community!

Bravo!

Originally posted by XRyansXPrivatesX
      I think the infantry only servers will be fun.
      *Only* If they disable ARTILLERY as well!

Comment

How long is this supposed to go on for before they release the final 1.4?
        could take months??? :*(

Comment

It could, I guess it depends on how long it takes them to fix the problems with 1.4 and if they plan on releasing a beta2 test first.

Comment

Originally posted by Defeatest
            How long is this supposed to go on for before they release the final 1.4?
            could take months??? :*(
            Who say's it's final?

It's been a year since the game came out that not everything is fixed yet.

The BETA is to give US the Community to stop whining and actually participate in the Beta process to inform the D.I.C.E. and EA what is wrong with the patch. Something they should have done since day one.

I dont care how long until they release the next patch as long as it is the best patch possible. If they fail to make a very good patch as complete as possible then I will see you in Quake wars Enemy territory pretty quickly.

Comment

i'll wait till the real version 1.4

Comment

yay beta 1.4, cant wait till its fully released
                maybe there will be more weapon unlocks

Comment

Gonna try it for sure. New map alone is reason enough

Comment

No problems here. Except for a couple of prolific TKers from the Starfleet clan.
                    The new Jalalabad map is great!

Comment

Do i have to download Beta Full or the BVeta Incrimenta ???

Comment

I am for any changes by EA that allows us more control over the game at the server level. The infantry only option gives those that rent the server another tool to customize the game together with map selection to fit their taste. There will still be plenty of servers out there that focus on the open flying maps. Now those players that want a more level playing field focused on ground fighting can do their thing. More options I cant see how thats a bad thing.

Comment

Shut up about Quake Wars. We hear it all the time around here and people use it as their magic wand around here. Good you're gonna buy it and I am too; but be quiet about it and stop trying to compare it to BF2 also.

The patch seems to run great so far and everything seems to be functioning right. I will give it an intense test later on today when I go on a massive killing spree.

Comment

Originally posted by DANK
                            Shut up about Quake Wars. We hear it all the time around here and people use it as their magic wand around here. Good you're gonna buy it and I am too; but be quiet about it and stop trying to compare it to BF2 also.

The patch seems to run great so far and everything seems to be functioning right. I will give it an intense test later on today when I go on a massive killing spree.
                            Or dying spree =)

The fight is not over until they add up the scores LOL.

You hear about QW:ET all the time because it is looks like a BF2 killer. There will always be players like me who will play BF2 off and on for fun and the new games are going to make things pretty fun again in online battle games.

Comment

Originally posted by [SS]Raptor187
                              The only educated comment I have ever read on here.

We are surrounded by idiots
                              Seeing as how you have posted only TWICE here, this would indicated you have contributed ZERO to this forum. ALSO, your most recent post (which I have quoted you on) seems to indicate that you have no intention of contributing. Therefore I'm not surprised at what I read.

Bah, I may as well be the idiot here for wasting my time posting this lol. Anyway, my point is you're either a part of the problem or the solution. Pick one...

Comment

Originally posted by DANK

BF2 has become in the minds of the smart people "CRAP"!!! BF2 killed JO and now ET:QT is going to kill BF2..I mean cmon they put in vehicle drops a year after the game was out...oh wait did they get that idea from ET:QT, sure they did. How many patches will it take before you get it through you thick mind that BF2 is dying a dreadful death by the hands of its makers? You show me ONE, just ONE single patch that was not foobar then I will go back playing BF2? You CANT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X